GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Food] My Christmas Dinner"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/12/06 at 04:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Turkey: Unfortunately most Sunday lunches consists of chicken as the main meat of the roast dinner and so, I find it hard to get excited over Turkey really, although I would say that this was pretty nice. It wasn’t too dry and came in nice big slices which I like much more than lots of little ones. 7/10

Mashed potatoes: I am not really a fan of potatoes in general, I think I should be used for something else like vodka or powering clocks but as I only got a small helping like I wanted and it was quite buttery I did enjoy it when combined with other items on my plate. 7/10

Stuffing: I feel that a stuffing can make or ruin a good meal, I tend to combine it with other things and so it could potentially ruin the taste of that other item easily. Luckily the stuffing this year was pretty good and had just the right consistency. 8/10

Roast potatoes: again not a potato fan although I do like the hard outer shell of roast potatoes, they were a good size, big enough that they weren’t just solid crispy shells but small enough that they were a bite each. 7/10

Pigs in blankets: these are something I only have at Christmas really, ad I have to say they are the one thing I really look forward to in the meal, there is something so wrong about them that just makes them so right, I mean lets face it pig wrapped in pig is how it should be. 9/10

Gammon: Again I tend to use gammon like I use my stuffing as a combination item, a thin piece of gammon with a bit of turkey is mouth wateringly good, I avoiding adding salt to any meal and at times gammon has a far to salt taste for me on it’s own so I use other things to disperse the salt a little, lending it’s flavours to other items. 8/10

Yorkshire puddings: For some strange reason, I don’t know why my mother has opted to buy Yorkshire puddings of late, and I have to say it’s not something I agree with, they aren’t hard to make and require no real care. The Aunt Bessie’s ones that came with my Christmas meal were a real let down, they had no softness to them, they were just air filled crunchy cups that I only ate 2 of just because it felt rude not to take any when offered. 3/10

Table decorations: There was something unsettling about the snowman in the centre of the table, he seemed to be staring at me through the entire meal, as if wondering where is snowman friends where. If he had possessed the ability to turn him self to left or right he would have seen the burning bodies of his friends and stopped distracting me from my meal. Looking back, I’m not entirely sure he knew he was made of wax. 6/10

Overall: This wasn’t a bad meal by any means but the Yorkshires really let it down, I don’t eat gravy and so the Yorkshires had no source of moisture to get a bit soft and easier to cut. I don’t eat vegetables so none where included even though they were on the table as I didn’t feel I could give a fair judgement on something I didn’t eat.

Total: 7/10
Fri 29/12/06 at 16:02
Regular
Classic :)
Fri 29/12/06 at 15:35
Regular
"I may return"
I knew someone was gonna do this :)
Thu 28/12/06 at 04:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Turkey: Unfortunately most Sunday lunches consists of chicken as the main meat of the roast dinner and so, I find it hard to get excited over Turkey really, although I would say that this was pretty nice. It wasn’t too dry and came in nice big slices which I like much more than lots of little ones. 7/10

Mashed potatoes: I am not really a fan of potatoes in general, I think I should be used for something else like vodka or powering clocks but as I only got a small helping like I wanted and it was quite buttery I did enjoy it when combined with other items on my plate. 7/10

Stuffing: I feel that a stuffing can make or ruin a good meal, I tend to combine it with other things and so it could potentially ruin the taste of that other item easily. Luckily the stuffing this year was pretty good and had just the right consistency. 8/10

Roast potatoes: again not a potato fan although I do like the hard outer shell of roast potatoes, they were a good size, big enough that they weren’t just solid crispy shells but small enough that they were a bite each. 7/10

Pigs in blankets: these are something I only have at Christmas really, ad I have to say they are the one thing I really look forward to in the meal, there is something so wrong about them that just makes them so right, I mean lets face it pig wrapped in pig is how it should be. 9/10

Gammon: Again I tend to use gammon like I use my stuffing as a combination item, a thin piece of gammon with a bit of turkey is mouth wateringly good, I avoiding adding salt to any meal and at times gammon has a far to salt taste for me on it’s own so I use other things to disperse the salt a little, lending it’s flavours to other items. 8/10

Yorkshire puddings: For some strange reason, I don’t know why my mother has opted to buy Yorkshire puddings of late, and I have to say it’s not something I agree with, they aren’t hard to make and require no real care. The Aunt Bessie’s ones that came with my Christmas meal were a real let down, they had no softness to them, they were just air filled crunchy cups that I only ate 2 of just because it felt rude not to take any when offered. 3/10

Table decorations: There was something unsettling about the snowman in the centre of the table, he seemed to be staring at me through the entire meal, as if wondering where is snowman friends where. If he had possessed the ability to turn him self to left or right he would have seen the burning bodies of his friends and stopped distracting me from my meal. Looking back, I’m not entirely sure he knew he was made of wax. 6/10

Overall: This wasn’t a bad meal by any means but the Yorkshires really let it down, I don’t eat gravy and so the Yorkshires had no source of moisture to get a bit soft and easier to cut. I don’t eat vegetables so none where included even though they were on the table as I didn’t feel I could give a fair judgement on something I didn’t eat.

Total: 7/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.