GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"outstanding"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 23:09
Regular
The most important factor for a game is the gameplay. It is the first thing developers look at, how will this game be fun to play?

Most well known developers know this and do that. Yet what makes it stand out? Well this is where areas such as Graphics, clever weapons, innovative ideas, music, sound effects, good control system, long length, thrilling cut scenes, involving storylines, good character interaction and realism comes into it!

I'll name one of my favourite games, Body Harvest, an absolute cracker of a game, you can drive fire engines, motorbikes, police cars and walk it was stunning! Yet it didn't sell? Why? Well it had basic weapons, the controls on some of the vehicals were felt a bit odd and more significantly the Graphics were crap!

This games goes into the pile filled with millions of good games so why is it Perfect Dark, Zelda and Conker are in the outstanding game pile? Well Zelda is like many other adventure games but it has graphics to blow you away, the game is huge, it has a good storyline, it has brilliant character interaction, is addictive, has excellent music oh the list goes on...

Conker has probably the best 64 graphics around, addictive gameplay, is very original, great music, funny, good character interaction and a involving story line with huge twists at the end. Perfect Dark's graphics are jaw dropping, the games AI is way ahead of its time, The guns are original, the multiplayer is one of the best in the world and the music is excellent.

It is these factors that has made these games recognisable the world over, meanwhile Body Harvest which is just as fun to play as the above three goes unnoticed.

The future of gaming inolves improving all of the above and more in order to make games stand above all the rest. Keep an eye out for the future games and you'll see that if you strip it down it is the same as all those other games with a similar genre but dress it up in these fancy clothes and you will have one of the best games in the world.

Here's to the future

Dringo
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I didn't do well at Latin today/
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Because it was demonic???
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
turbonutter wrote:
> Gameplay simply isn't one of the console's abilities no matter how
> many fancy words you put around it.

No controller ports = No gameplay

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Gameplay simply isn't one of the console's abilities no matter how many fancy words you put around it.
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It would be interesting to see a game, developed on all consoles to the best of the consoles ability.

I wonder which console would be best... X-Box for power maybe.... and the PS2 for graphics... i'd say the gamecube for gameplay because it is easy to develop for and more functions would be available...

Game
Fri 29/06/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Ill try and pick it up if it is.

Well, they can be heavy but.....
Thu 28/06/01 at 23:37
Gameplay is of prime importance. Is Body Harvest on the N64 Dringo? Ill try and pick it up if it is.

A bit of a side topic but one that needs a mention. One of my pet hates in games is where a good game is ruined by a rubbish control system. What I'ld love to see is an option in every game to configure the controller the way you want, is that to much to ask ?
Thu 28/06/01 at 23:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DeltaJava wrote:
> You are a sick individual.

**turbonutter pulls out a shotgun.....
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:30
You are a sick individual.
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The Game wrote:
> I think the PS2 needs some good games.

**turbonutter pulls out a shotgun and holds it against The Game's kneecaps. He pulls the trigger and his kneecaps depart fom his legs in a shower of blood, bone and shot. Turbonutter then repeatedly kicks The Game in the nads until blood starts to trickle out of his ears.**

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.