GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo: The Fall Of Reach"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Received my brand new copy today and im already 133 pages in. What can I say I havn't read anything for years and this only caught my eye after I completed Halo and went crazy over it. It starts back when Master Chief was only 6 and follows through his life and how he became to be the most promising out of the SPARTAN II project. As Master Chief grows older it discribes about his first encounter with the Covenant and also goes into detail about his armour and why "normal" people cant use it.

All in all a great book so far and I cant wait to read the next in the series.
Mon 26/07/04 at 00:31
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What about them? I have a mate who has read one, he said it was good.
Mon 26/07/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Teal'c"
Ahahahahahaha.
Halo books.
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> You write about it enough. :P

Er, do I?
Sun 25/07/04 at 19:10
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I got all 3 of these book, just waiting to be read.

I know it will not be the best read, but 3 books for under a tenner, i aint complaining.
Sun 25/07/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Fall Of Reach and First Strike are both great, Flood is crap but you may as well get it for completeness.

Both really widen your understanding of the game, and of the storyline/background in the game and coming in Halo 2 - the stuff on the ilovebees.com site seems to link in closely with the content of the novels. Basically if you are a Halo fan and want Halo 2 for more than just Live then you need these books. And to read them, obviously. Don't touch the Crimson Skies/Brute Force ones with a bargepole though.
Sun 25/07/04 at 18:46
Regular
the fall of reach = reasonable
halo : the flood = poor

conclusion = sub-standard

I sound like a broken record, but the best space marine novel I've come across is 'the forever war' by Joe Haldeman. no master chief, but far, far better.
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
You write about it enough. :P
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As Hefix said. Most of these spin off books are written by monkeys on a freelance jobbie. Plus I can't be bothered to read about Halo even more.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:01
Regular
"8==="
Might get this, even though it's probably written by the retarded child of someone at Bungie (much like the AD&D books).
Fri 23/07/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Im just past the Keyes Loop and im currently reading through Master Chief trecking through the jungles of Sigma Octanus IV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.