GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something is wrong with my ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
Actually there are 2 things wrong with my ps2, and it's really annoying so please someone help me:
1- Whenever I put a DVD movie the ps2 produces a roaring sound, and the DVD does not play.
2- There is noise that acompanies the sound that comes out of the speakers when I use s-video cable.
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
Actually there are 2 things wrong with my ps2, and it's really annoying so please someone help me:
1- Whenever I put a DVD movie the ps2 produces a roaring sound, and the DVD does not play.
2- There is noise that acompanies the sound that comes out of the speakers when I use s-video cable.
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Sorry I can't really help, have you tried cleaning your PS2? perhaps hoovering out the vents, and trying a lense cleaner as well.
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The roaring sound will likely be to do with the lens not reading the disk, the engine will put in more effort to read as it knows something is there, as for the other one, i haven't got a clue.
Sat 24/07/04 at 01:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's not on the higher side of 12 months is it?

If it is, that's perfectly normal.

They're built to break after their warranty runs out.
Sat 24/07/04 at 01:46
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Ive had my PS2 since it came out, and ive never had any problems with it...i must be the only person

There was a incident with the disc tray tho...
Sat 24/07/04 at 01:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've never had any problem with mine, only anything went wrong was when i first put a disk in, didn't notice the lip and the disk got slammed into the console as it closed.
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Mine second will be a year in September.

Run a lot better than the first, which I, admitedly, treated badly, carrying everying in my bag :D...

But the secret is, I found, rotating the PS2 each month. So alternating between vertical and horizontal allieviates the pressure on the lens, which increases lifespan.

That and hoovering it, on occasion. (Goes and gets a hoover.)

Later.
Sat 24/07/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had mine since launch and had no problems until a month or so back.

Anyway is it a large clicking noise? If so that's what buggered up my PS2 after a while and i couldn't get it fixed. Ended up having to buy a new one. I think my *Bloody Robert De Niro* topic talks about it
Sat 24/07/04 at 13:51
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i think you've got gremlins inside you PS2, they only accept food, DVD's arn't compatable, i had that problem, stuffed a Apple in the tray, works fine. :D
Sat 24/07/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've had my PS2 since 2001 and I've never had any problems with it, but I do take care of the thing and it has plenty of space around it for ventilation. I'm not so sure about this thing with them breaking after warranty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.