GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are some of you on about??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/03/00 at 15:34
Regular
the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.

Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!
Tue 07/03/00 at 15:34
the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.

Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!
Thu 09/03/00 at 02:17
iknowbest wrote:
: the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.
:
: Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!

iknow the grafix are nice and the dolphin also sounds cool but the x-box blows them away in every aspect except mabey trademark games like GT and GT2 but it blos ps2 away its got more memory a harddrive its internet ready out of the box and its 256bit witch is much better

ps hey its true so dont give me none of that ouuuu the ps2 is my hero crap just go read on the x box
Thu 09/03/00 at 10:59
How can you say that the X-box will be a success when you haven't even seen any games for it? Just because the specifications may be superior it doesn't mean that the console will outsell all the others, just look at the N64 and Playstation.

EvilChimp wrote:
: iknowbest wrote:
: : the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.
: :
: : Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!
:
: iknow the grafix are nice and the dolphin also sounds cool but the x-box blows them away in every aspect except mabey trademark games like GT and GT2 but it blos ps2 away its got more memory a harddrive its internet ready out of the box and its 256bit witch is much better
:
: ps hey its true so dont give me none of that ouuuu the ps2 is my hero crap just go read on the x box
Fri 10/03/00 at 01:31
i Didn't say the x-box was gonna out sell ps2 or dolphim but out perform forsure and yes i have seen games eg: expiriance, black + white, halflife , warcraft3
so settle down im just saying that its superior but i know it wont out sell the others but when ur ps2 is outdated then dont cry"ohh i should have got an x-box

don't say i didn' warn u.............

Kev wrote:
: How can you say that the X-box will be a success when you haven't even seen any games for it? Just because the specifications may be superior it doesn't mean that the console will outsell all the others, just look at the N64 and Playstation.
:
: EvilChimp wrote:
: : iknowbest wrote:
: : : the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.
: : :
: : : Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!
: : iknow the grafix are nice and the dolphin also sounds cool but the x-box blows them away in every aspect except mabey trademark games like GT and GT2 but it blos ps2 away its got more memory a harddrive its internet ready out of the box and its 256bit witch is much better
: : ps hey its true so dont give me none of that ouuuu the ps2 is my hero crap just go read on the x box
Wed 12/04/00 at 19:44
The only concern with the X-Box is that it's merely a PC in a box. Look at the top spec PC's currently available - they out-spec the PS2 but the PS2 still out performs them. Even so, if the X-Box is better I'll get a PS2 and an X-Box, I ain't taking sides for the sake of it!

EvilChimp wrote:
: i Didn't say the x-box was gonna out sell ps2 or dolphim but out perform forsure and yes i have seen games eg: expiriance, black + white, halflife , warcraft3
: so settle down im just saying that its superior but i know it wont out sell the others but when ur ps2 is outdated then dont cry"ohh i should have got an x-box
:
: don't say i didn' warn u.............
:
: Kev wrote:
: : How can you say that the X-box will be a success when you haven't even seen any games for it? Just because the specifications may be superior it doesn't mean that the console will outsell all the others, just look at the N64 and Playstation.
: : EvilChimp wrote:
: : : iknowbest wrote:
: : : : the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the sound quality is outta this world.
: : : :
: : : : Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know that by now!!
: : : iknow the grafix are nice and the dolphin also sounds cool but the x-box blows them away in every aspect except mabey trademark games like GT and GT2 but it blos ps2 away its got more memory a harddrive its internet ready out of the box and its 256bit witch is much better
: : : ps hey its true so dont give me none of that ouuuu the ps2 is my hero crap just go read on the x box
Sun 07/05/00 at 22:44
I like the sound of all of the X-Box's specs but one: the 600MHz processor. It seems mad to me that Microsoft have chosen to go for a standard Intel chip instead of a RISC one. A 200MHz Dreamcast RISC chip is supposed to be 1.4 times as fast as a 500MHz Intel P3, so I'm assuming this makes the X-Box's processor less powerful than the Dreamcast. Microsoft say they chose it because developers voted for an Intel P3 processor, but developers didn't vote for such a slow one! It's possible Microsoft may still change their mind about the processor, and I hope they do because the Intel Gigahertz is being released about 6 months before the X-Box, so where does this leave the X-Box when compared to PCs? Apart from that, the X-Box rocks, and I'd much rather have one than a PS2, a DC or a Dolphin. If you're thinking the X-Box won't have games, then you should know that the X-Box has already rallied as much developer support as the PS2, so no problem there then. It's not the developers who are hard to attract, its the consumers - the developers go where the money is. For now, I'll live with my DC, because it has great games and many more to come.

Nezza wrote:
> The only concern with the X-Box is that it's merely a PC in a box.
> Look at the top spec PC's currently available - they out-spec the
> PS2 but the PS2 still out performs them. Even so, if the X-Box is
> better I'll get a PS2 and an X-Box, I ain't taking sides for the
> sake of it!
>
>
> EvilChimp wrote:
> : i Didn't say the x-box was gonna out sell ps2 or dolphim but out
> perform forsure and yes i have seen games eg: expiriance, black +
> white, halflife , warcraft3
> : so settle down im just saying that its superior but i know it
> wont out sell the others but when ur ps2 is outdated then dont
> cry"ohh i should have got an x-box
> :
> : don't say i didn' warn u.............
> :
> : Kev wrote:
> : : How can you say that the X-box will be a success when you
> haven't even seen any games for it? Just because the
> specifications may be superior it doesn't mean that the console
> will outsell all the others, just look at the N64 and Playstation.
> : :
> : : EvilChimp wrote:
> : : : iknowbest wrote:
> : : : : the playstation 2 will rock. The graphics are stunning the
> sound quality is outta this world.
> : : : :
> : : : : Nitendo are always second best to Sony you should know
> that by now!!
> : : :
> : : : iknow the grafix are nice and the dolphin also sounds cool
> but the x-box blows them away in every aspect except mabey
> trademark games like GT and GT2 but it blos ps2 away its got more
> memory a harddrive its internet ready out of the box and its
> 256bit witch is much better
> : : :
> : : : ps hey its true so dont give me none of that ouuuu the ps2
> is my hero crap just go read on the x box
Wed 07/06/00 at 18:59
The Dreamcast is cheaper and better with more support than any of them....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.