GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 - internet access?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/03/00 at 02:02
Regular
i thought it was supposed to have full internet access? does it? no-one has mentioned that since it came out
Fri 07/04/00 at 02:01
If u want to be picky, ISDN is still only narrow/middle bandwidth. Pitifully slow. ADSL is going to be better, along with cable internet, and expensive, slow ISDN is set to die a harrowing painful death.

Turbonutter wrote:
: The PS2 will have internet capabilities but not until broadband (128kbps/ISDN) is available commercially in the home. This is to ensure that the PS2 is 'futureproof'
:
: EvilChimp wrote:
: : The people at sony have bben trying to get it to work and itsa not yet ready but dont worry it "might" be working before us release
: :
: : but it doesnt matter the x-box is internet ready when u get it it has a hard drive so u can download mp3s and stuff and its far suppirior plus its only commin out about 2 months after ps2 in u.s.acanada
: : ravey wrote:
: : : i thought it was supposed to have full internet access? does it? no-one has mentioned that since it came out
Thu 06/04/00 at 23:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The PS2 will have internet capabilities but not until broadband (128kbps/ISDN) is available commercially in the home. This is to ensure that the PS2 is 'futureproof'

EvilChimp wrote:
: The people at sony have bben trying to get it to work and itsa not yet ready but dont worry it "might" be working before us release
:
: but it doesnt matter the x-box is internet ready when u get it it has a hard drive so u can download mp3s and stuff and its far suppirior plus its only commin out about 2 months after ps2 in u.s.acanada
: ravey wrote:
: : i thought it was supposed to have full internet access? does it? no-one has mentioned that since it came out
Mon 13/03/00 at 02:04
The people at sony have bben trying to get it to work and itsa not yet ready but dont worry it "might" be working before us release

but it doesnt matter the x-box is internet ready when u get it it has a hard drive so u can download mp3s and stuff and its far suppirior plus its only commin out about 2 months after ps2 in u.s.acanada
ravey wrote:
: i thought it was supposed to have full internet access? does it? no-one has mentioned that since it came out
Sun 12/03/00 at 02:02
i thought it was supposed to have full internet access? does it? no-one has mentioned that since it came out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.