GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best gangster films ! ! !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 20:36
Regular
During the past 10-20 years, people have been digusted and disturbed with the brilliant gangster movies that have came out. I think the best ever is Pulp Fiction, this was Quentin Tarentino's first major success. The whole film has a startling story of betrayal and violence, but it also has scenes of loyalty and friendship.

Another great gore gangster film by Quentin Tarentino is Reservoir Dogs. The story is very mischievous and confusing at times. The story is a plot that makes the movie a bit of a brainteaser at the start.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are both really great films that are well worth watching. People that have seen Reservoir dogs or Pulp Fiction, will agree that there great movies with great gore.

Whats you favourite gangster movie?
Sun 01/07/01 at 21:55
the godfather triolgy have to be the all time classics . I don't care what anybody says the godfather films are films that people remember and if people remember a film then the writer has done their job and written a classic film.
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That should read "NO, they're not."
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No, they're no. You get an introduction from Tarantino and some Postcards. WOW!!!
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:09
Regular
Chris.J.C wrote:
> I thought the ending to Reservoir Dogs was great, you were able to
> see them kill each other all at once which surprised me when i first
> watched the film. I agrea they could have comeup with a better
> ending than that, but what do you expect from a low budget film.

I thought the ending was great for a low budget movie. The best gangster film is Reservoir Dogs for obviouse reasons:

-Action
-Laughter

Quentin Tarentino is a well known director for his great gangster movies; he directed pulp fiction starring John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson. Reservoir Dogs is one of his less popular films, but I think it is a belter of a gangster movie.

The whole film has a startling story of betrayal and violence, but it also has scenes of loyalty and friendship. The story is very mischievous and confusing at times. The story is a plot that makes the movie a bit of a brainteaser at the start.

Try not to be surprised, this is a great gangster film with the usual violence and action but with a twist of laughter init. My rating for this film would be 75%. Im sure the DVD features to this movie are great.
Sat 30/06/01 at 12:18
Goodfellas was good, but not my type of gangster movie. i thought it got boring at timrs so I disliked it.
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:51
Yuh tulkin' to me?
Ah, my 'family' and I than' yoo!
Bless you CJC.
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Donnie Brasco is indeed my favourite gangster movie.

And if you listen closely at the end of reservoir dogs then you can hear Mr. Pink die as well. I don't know if you already knew this but I thought I'd say it anyway. You see, none of my friends realised when I expected them too.
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
'The Godfather' you lucky son of a ... if it wasnt for me posting this topic you woudnt have won. Anyways well done.
Wed 27/06/01 at 20:30
I thought the ending to Reservoir Dogs was great, you were able to see them kill each other all at once which surprised me when i first watched the film. I agrea they could have comeup with a better ending than that, but what do you expect from a low budget film.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:49
Reseviour Dogs is not a gangster movie. It is a hiest film. I don't see how Dogs can be really classified as a gangster movie. OK, they are working together, but they are not exactly a gang are they. Like Star Wars, it not exactly sci fi, it's fantasy, the film just happens to be set in space.

And how can you call Reserviour Dogs boring? I suppose The Godfather trilogy was boring too as all they are are just the most bitchin' films ever! The film deals with issues such as friendship, trust, honour, violence etc. The film is much deeper than a couple of guys stealing some jewels as everything goes wrong. The relationships between each and every character is so well thought of by Tarintino. Mr Whites relationship with the wounded Mr Orange, Mr Blonde relationship with Joe etc, etc, etc.

Th3e obviouse quality of Dogs is the script, well thought of, involving all characters and goddamn funny. OK, heist films has always been present but Dogs is different. The non-linear storyline has inspired films of the '90's and present. Magnolia, Memento, Amores Perros, Affliction... The budget of the film was low so the sheer effort that went into the film demands respect from film makers everywhere and is inspirational to all wannabe film makers.

Anyhow, the best gangster film. I don't know but Goodfellas is bloody good, literally. Liotta, De Niro and Pesci are at their best. Plus with the dynamic duo of Scorsese and Shrader thefilm cannot be better. Everyone's probably seen it so there's no point in going on and on, I won't be able to convince anyone who doesn't like it, but I could only recomend that they watch it again.

A gangster film which I think differ from the conventional poor to rich storyline is Donnie Brasco. Pacino is in his usual loud mouth role but Depp is magnificent. The film really highlights the brotherhood of the mafia and the danger of braking this bond. POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!! Pacino's resignision at the end breaks you heart and Depp's powerless end just calls out for empathy.

All in all Donnie Brasco is something else. For once the family doesn't screw each other up as so and the more humane 'n' gutsy emotions are shown. In some way, the helpless feeling I feel at the end really cheesy me off!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.