GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the same games!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/04/00 at 16:29
Regular
Playstation are bringing out the same games as they had before on the PSX but just with a little 2 or 2000 on the end of them, and are just making them faster with only slightly better graphics. This is why I chose a Dreamcast because of the different range of games rather than the same thing again.
Tue 11/04/00 at 21:28
I agree. Let's see, Soul Caliber, anyone heard of Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Toshinden, Street Fighter? Tekken Tag Tournament is also going to be loads better than Soul Caliber, which is A LOAD OF BULL! Crazy Taxi is a copy of Driver and it's not as good. I wonder on the Dreamcast when there'll be a Soul Caliber 2,3 and 4. Because THEY'RE GOING TO RUN OUT OF IDEAS VERY SOON!! SEGA SUCK! Sonic 1,2 and 3 will be coming out soon. And who cares if there's a 2 2000 on them, they're still great games!! The Dreamcast sucks and PSX and PS2 rule.
Babylonian wrote:
: Rob100 wrote:
: : Playstation are bringing out the same games as they had before on the PSX but just with a little 2 or 2000 on the end of them, and are just making them faster with only slightly better graphics. This is why I chose a Dreamcast because of the different range of games rather than the same thing again.
:
: And Nintendo never did that with any of their '64' titles, did they?
:
: And I suppose Crazy Taxi is original, is it? Pick someone up and get them across town in a time limit. "Driver", anybody?
:
: If you actually bought a PS mag and had a look, you'd see that there are numerous original titles due for PS2. Bouncer, Munch's Oddyssey, and Kessen to name but three.
:
: if you really believe that the likes of Code Veronica, TR4 and Soul Calibur are original, then I feel sorry for you, and a Dreamcast is all you deserve. The only reason you find them original is that Sega never had pull to get ground-breaking new games on their previous machine, the Saturn.
:
: Many large developers are using Dreamcast to 'cut their teeth' on a 128-bit machine in preparation for the PS2. Others, such as Electronic Arts, are bypassing DC altogether, as it is already redundant technology.
Tue 11/04/00 at 13:49
Rob100 wrote:
: Playstation are bringing out the same games as they had before on the PSX but just with a little 2 or 2000 on the end of them, and are just making them faster with only slightly better graphics. This is why I chose a Dreamcast because of the different range of games rather than the same thing again.

And Nintendo never did that with any of their '64' titles, did they?

And I suppose Crazy Taxi is original, is it? Pick someone up and get them across town in a time limit. "Driver", anybody?

If you actually bought a PS mag and had a look, you'd see that there are numerous original titles due for PS2. Bouncer, Munch's Oddyssey, and Kessen to name but three.

if you really believe that the likes of Code Veronica, TR4 and Soul Calibur are original, then I feel sorry for you, and a Dreamcast is all you deserve. The only reason you find them original is that Sega never had pull to get ground-breaking new games on their previous machine, the Saturn.

Many large developers are using Dreamcast to 'cut their teeth' on a 128-bit machine in preparation for the PS2. Others, such as Electronic Arts, are bypassing DC altogether, as it is already redundant technology.
Mon 10/04/00 at 16:29
Playstation are bringing out the same games as they had before on the PSX but just with a little 2 or 2000 on the end of them, and are just making them faster with only slightly better graphics. This is why I chose a Dreamcast because of the different range of games rather than the same thing again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.