GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WE8"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Got it through the post this morning from a...friend.

Only had one match on it so far, but first impressions of it are...great. Graphics look superb, the gameplay feels so much more fluid. One of the downfalls of the last game was it felt too structured and all the players movements were all the same, with the ball physics being the same for every player, like controlling the ball for example. This time it just seems that its less predictable.

I'll put some more of my thoughts in here later, as im off to the Wednesday game now.

Anyone else played it? Whats your thoughts on it?
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
Got it through the post this morning from a...friend.

Only had one match on it so far, but first impressions of it are...great. Graphics look superb, the gameplay feels so much more fluid. One of the downfalls of the last game was it felt too structured and all the players movements were all the same, with the ball physics being the same for every player, like controlling the ball for example. This time it just seems that its less predictable.

I'll put some more of my thoughts in here later, as im off to the Wednesday game now.

Anyone else played it? Whats your thoughts on it?
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Sounds good. I don't have this one, but the last one had predictable repeated movements, so eventually once you played it enough you could out smart the computer every time, having remembered the scripted actions in each situation.
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hold on...is this Pro Evo 4 we're talking about?
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Basically.
Sat 07/08/04 at 14:14
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Not any major changes between WE8 and WE7 as far as I can tell. Gameplay is improved and its a little harder to break through defences and score.
No point changing the gameplay much though when it plays so well in the previous game.
Not much change in the graphics but there seems to be a good bit more detail in the individual players and their faces look even more like the real life players.

Its all in Japanese so a bit tricky to try navigate through and see what all the options are regarding editing and creating players but it looks like there could be a bit more choice this time around.

Its amazing though, brilliant fun to play and quite challenging too.

Can't wait till pro evo 4 is released, a full english game with this kind of playability will rule all.
Sat 07/08/04 at 15:27
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The Ghost wrote:
> Hold on...is this Pro Evo 4 we're talking about?

Do you ever read anyone else's posts?
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Should be getting it in a few days, my japanese friend mailed it yesterday.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
witch-king wrote:
> The Ghost wrote:
>
> Do you ever read anyone else's posts?

If only I had a 'Zap-a-motherf**ker' key on my keyboard...
Sat 07/08/04 at 21:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The Ghost wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
> The Ghost wrote:
>
> Do you ever read anyone else's posts?
>
> If only I had a 'Zap-a-motherf**ker' key on my keyboard...

That's real smart.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:05
Regular
Been playing the game more and more over the weekend, and for me, it keeps getting better and better.

I really think everyone is going to love this game. Gameplay wise there wasnt much i thought they could do to improve it, but Konami have. It seems alot more nippy, they speeded it up a little, which is a good thing. The players can do more with the ball, and it all depends on how they control it to how well they pass/shoot ect.

Graphics are pretty sharp and all the players look well. Some of the player likenesses to thier real life counterparts are stunning.

My only real gripe at the moment is, there seems to be a little bit of slow down creeping in and the frame rate drops for a few seconds. This might be just my machine playing up, but if its in the game, i hope they clear it up for PES4. Other than that, the only bad thing so far is i cant navigate round the game too well, which is annoying.

Not touched master league yet as i want to leave that till PES4 so i dont spoil it. Just started a league with one of the club teams you can have, so that will keep me busy for a while.

Oh, and some of the moves and goals you can score are fantastic!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.