GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/04/00 at 18:33
Regular
The Playstation 2 looks absolutely brilliant. I was astounded by the speed and looks of the games I saw on screenshots. They look so realistic! The Playsation 2 is going to succeed. One reason is that people are just going to buy it because the Playstation was so good, but I think that any N64 or PC gamer will want to buy this after a quick look at it. Some people will say the X-Box will be the best console. I'm not so sure. Microsoft have got no experience in this field where as Sony have. Also, the Playstation 2 will have sold so much that there won't be many people willing to buy the X-Box as well. And the Dolphin?? Another great console. Bu it won't be as good as the PS2, and it won't be as popular. I know lots of N64 owners who are gonna buy the PS2 instead of the Dolphin. But again, it's another console that's coming a long time before the X-Box. Some people question the PS2 capability, and I say that they've been proved wrong and with one lookat it's fantastic graphics and games, I'm pretty sure they'll admit that they were wrong. Good luck X-Box on becoming the most biggest selling console in the world, because you'll need it.
Tue 11/04/00 at 18:33
The Playstation 2 looks absolutely brilliant. I was astounded by the speed and looks of the games I saw on screenshots. They look so realistic! The Playsation 2 is going to succeed. One reason is that people are just going to buy it because the Playstation was so good, but I think that any N64 or PC gamer will want to buy this after a quick look at it. Some people will say the X-Box will be the best console. I'm not so sure. Microsoft have got no experience in this field where as Sony have. Also, the Playstation 2 will have sold so much that there won't be many people willing to buy the X-Box as well. And the Dolphin?? Another great console. Bu it won't be as good as the PS2, and it won't be as popular. I know lots of N64 owners who are gonna buy the PS2 instead of the Dolphin. But again, it's another console that's coming a long time before the X-Box. Some people question the PS2 capability, and I say that they've been proved wrong and with one lookat it's fantastic graphics and games, I'm pretty sure they'll admit that they were wrong. Good luck X-Box on becoming the most biggest selling console in the world, because you'll need it.
Wed 12/04/00 at 12:12
Ant wrote:
:Some people will say the X-Box will be the best console. I'm not so sure. Microsoft have got no experience in this field where as Sony have.

I seem to remember this is what was said about Sony when they first unvailed plans for the original Playstation - i.e. "Sony won't succeed, they've never done a console before, but Nintendo and Sega have..."

However, on the other hand, Microsoft don't have the best track record when it comes to games. Can anyone name a distinctive MS game that has come out over the years, other than Flight Simulator? Also, when the X-Box finally appears, it'll be old hat hardware-wise anyway. 2001? We'll have 1Ghz CPUs, oodles of RAM, Voodoo 4/5 and massive hard drives. Compared to the X-Box's supposed 600Mhz P3, 64Mb RAM, 8Gb hard drive and yet-unknown custom graphics chipset your top-end PC will be outperforming it by a decent margin.
Wed 12/04/00 at 19:23
Exactly.
Baz wrote:
: Ant wrote:
: :Some people will say the X-Box will be the best console. I'm not so sure. Microsoft have got no experience in this field where as Sony have.
:
: I seem to remember this is what was said about Sony when they first unvailed plans for the original Playstation - i.e. "Sony won't succeed, they've never done a console before, but Nintendo and Sega have..."
:
: However, on the other hand, Microsoft don't have the best track record when it comes to games. Can anyone name a distinctive MS game that has come out over the years, other than Flight Simulator? Also, when the X-Box finally appears, it'll be old hat hardware-wise anyway. 2001? We'll have 1Ghz CPUs, oodles of RAM, Voodoo 4/5 and massive hard drives. Compared to the X-Box's supposed 600Mhz P3, 64Mb RAM, 8Gb hard drive and yet-unknown custom graphics chipset your top-end PC will be outperforming it by a decent margin.
Thu 25/05/00 at 08:46
i am writing about how us UK gamers constantly get ripped off by games
manufacturers, yet we still accept to buy their over priced goods.

My main concern at the moment is the PS2. We are already having to wait
ages compared to the japanese gamers. However now the simultaneous
release in europe and america sounds like a good idea (although its
oct 26th) but how come the prices aren't going to be similar:

$299 US Dollars = £202 Pounds (Correct on May 25th)

If the Us Gamers are paying £202, why shoud the UK gamers have to pay
£299, which is about $440. Now the US gamers wouldn't be happy
paying $440 so we shouldn't be happy paying £299.

COME ON SONY PLAESE SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.