GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"playstation & dreamcast, NO difference."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/04/00 at 00:07
Regular
I just want to point out a few things to all who envy the playstation2. Its not all its cracked out to be, I have seen both the PS2 & the DC side by side running a game called Dead or Alive 2, and there is no difference at all, so why the hell would anyone spend more money to buy a PS2 when you could buy a dreamcast for a lot less which performs just as good, if not better.
We all hear these rumours that PS2 DVD playback is very poor compared to other DVD's, and the pitiful amount of Video Ram which is only 4Meg compared to the DC's 8Meg, but are they just rumours?, no its a FACT. One time I could not wait to get hold of the PS2, but after seeing it run side by side next to the dreamcast, it F*%~#g sucks big time. Oh well I will just have to wait for something else, or I just might get the DC.
By the way I found out what the PS stands for "Pile a S**t".
Fri 28/04/00 at 00:07
I just want to point out a few things to all who envy the playstation2. Its not all its cracked out to be, I have seen both the PS2 & the DC side by side running a game called Dead or Alive 2, and there is no difference at all, so why the hell would anyone spend more money to buy a PS2 when you could buy a dreamcast for a lot less which performs just as good, if not better.
We all hear these rumours that PS2 DVD playback is very poor compared to other DVD's, and the pitiful amount of Video Ram which is only 4Meg compared to the DC's 8Meg, but are they just rumours?, no its a FACT. One time I could not wait to get hold of the PS2, but after seeing it run side by side next to the dreamcast, it F*%~#g sucks big time. Oh well I will just have to wait for something else, or I just might get the DC.
By the way I found out what the PS stands for "Pile a S**t".
Sat 29/04/00 at 17:59
You're a bit of an idiot, aren't you? At least we have DVD!! And it's not that bad. How many games has the crap Dreamcast brought out, the only good ones that spring to mind are Crazy Taxi, a complete copy of Driver, Soul Caliber, which is going to be overtaken by the glorious Tekken Tag Tournament and...I can't think of any more. SEGA BASS FISHING!! A FISHING GAME!! A FISHING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! I'd prefer to buy 4-4-2 soccer on the PS than a fishing game!! The Dreamcast performs better my ar*e! The performance of the PS2 sucks big time!! A LOAD OF BULL!! Also, I've found out what DC stands for...DULL CRAP!!!
Nutter wrote:
> I just want to point out a few things to all who envy the
> playstation2. Its not all its cracked out to be, I have seen both
> the PS2 & the DC side by side running a game called Dead or Alive
> 2, and there is no difference at all, so why the hell would anyone
> spend more money to buy a PS2 when you could buy a dreamcast for a
> lot less which performs just as good, if not better.
> We all hear these rumours that PS2 DVD playback is very poor
> compared to other DVD's, and the pitiful amount of Video Ram which
> is only 4Meg compared to the DC's 8Meg, but are they just
> rumours?, no its a FACT. One time I could not wait to get hold of
> the PS2, but after seeing it run side by side next to the
> dreamcast, it F*%~#g sucks big time. Oh well I will just have to
> wait for something else, or I just might get the DC.
> By the way I found out what the PS stands for "Pile a S**t".
Sun 30/04/00 at 10:50
Mon 01/05/00 at 12:02
yes Ant
I'm a bit of an Idiot ay!! "NOT".
If you would've took the time and read my reply "SSLOWWLY", you would have noticed that I was all for the PS2, 100%, I wanted it so bad I would have killed for it. I have a friend who works for a software development company, Not allowed to mention the name. This person informed me that PS2 is not all that much different than the DC, and this Person KNOWS what he/she is talking about. At first I did not want to believe he/she, I was still going to get the playstation 2 not matter what was said by anybody, Untill I was invited to a Demo of some software running on both the PS2 and DC, I was shocked, I could not believe my eyes, they had proved to me that the PS2 was not that much different if any at all to the DC. I was informed of the problems that are going to arise with the PS2, 2 Facts:-Only 4MB of Video Ram, and no Anti-aliasing, and more.
If I had not seen it with my own eye's I would never have believed it, and I was about to buy an Imported PS2, well that's saved me £500.
P.S I agree a Fishing Game, who the hell is going to sit infront of a TV playing a Fishing Game, SAD or what!! how boring.
Tue 02/05/00 at 20:04
Wed 07/06/00 at 17:45
Actaully, ther is a difference - the Dreamcast runs at twice the resolution!!!
Wed 07/06/00 at 17:46
Actaully, ther is a difference - the Dreamcast version runs at twice the resolution!!!

(and is 10fps faster)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.