GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY IS EVERYONE DISSING THE PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/05/00 at 19:05
Regular
I want to know why everyone is dissing the PS2. I have a few points here about why the PS2 is the greatest and one, yes, just one thing that's bad about the PS2.

First, we all know that Sony are top class, and they did brilliantly with the Playstation, so they're not likely to muck up the PS2, are they? Has anyone seen the pictures and videos of the PS2 in action? I couldn't believe my eyes. The speed, the graphics, everything about it was great. Look at the PSX, the first decent driving game was Ridge Racer. And a few years later, we have Gran Turismo 2, a top class racer. Imagine what PS2 games will be like in a few years time? The PS2 has not been delayed, which compared to Nintendo is an achievement.You get DVD, which okay, it might not be the best quality around, but does the Dreamcast have DVD? No. You can play all the old games from the PSX on the PS2, AND THEY LOOK BETTER!! More memory card space, great new controllers, the list could go on and on, it's just brilliant!!

The bad point. The only bad point. I agree with some people when they say that Tomb Raider and GT sequels arew gonna get a bit boring and there's gonna be too many of them. If the PS2 starts bringing out great new games, then the PS2 would be near perfect!!

Okay, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and that's mine, so don't insult me about it. But I do wish that people would stop dissing it and accept the fact the the PS2 is the greatest console out at the moment and will be for the next few years, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 03/05/00 at 19:05
I want to know why everyone is dissing the PS2. I have a few points here about why the PS2 is the greatest and one, yes, just one thing that's bad about the PS2.

First, we all know that Sony are top class, and they did brilliantly with the Playstation, so they're not likely to muck up the PS2, are they? Has anyone seen the pictures and videos of the PS2 in action? I couldn't believe my eyes. The speed, the graphics, everything about it was great. Look at the PSX, the first decent driving game was Ridge Racer. And a few years later, we have Gran Turismo 2, a top class racer. Imagine what PS2 games will be like in a few years time? The PS2 has not been delayed, which compared to Nintendo is an achievement.You get DVD, which okay, it might not be the best quality around, but does the Dreamcast have DVD? No. You can play all the old games from the PSX on the PS2, AND THEY LOOK BETTER!! More memory card space, great new controllers, the list could go on and on, it's just brilliant!!

The bad point. The only bad point. I agree with some people when they say that Tomb Raider and GT sequels arew gonna get a bit boring and there's gonna be too many of them. If the PS2 starts bringing out great new games, then the PS2 would be near perfect!!

Okay, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and that's mine, so don't insult me about it. But I do wish that people would stop dissing it and accept the fact the the PS2 is the greatest console out at the moment and will be for the next few years, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 06/05/00 at 19:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
When I played on the playstation, I thought it was great but now I can't find any decent game to play on!
The loading times were really rubbish, I could have watched a whole programme on tv within the time it took to load a saved game!
It also gets really annoying when you play games like resident evil and metal gear solid when you move forwrd and around a corner and it goes blank, a minute later appears a `LOADING` message!! aarrgghh!! whats the point, I know resident evil makes up for this by haveing an annoying picyure of a door opening, (face it this gets boring after the millionth time).
So now tell me truthfully do you really expect the ps 2 will be faster just because it's newer? cd's will always be slow and it's not their fault but it really can spoil a perfectly good game!
Sat 06/05/00 at 20:01
I know CDs are slow, and always will be compared to cartridges on the Nintendo. But with the new technology, surely loading time will be a little faster. And on most games, the loading time isn't as much as you say it is. And on Metal Gear Solid, it goes blank ONCE. I get your point, but I don't really care how long loading takes, as long as the game works.
Fogmaster wrote:
> When I played on the playstation, I thought it was great but now I
> can't find any decent game to play on!
> The loading times were really rubbish, I could have watched a
> whole programme on tv within the time it took to load a saved game!
> It also gets really annoying when you play games like resident
> evil and metal gear solid when you move forwrd and around a corner
> and it goes blank, a minute later appears a `LOADING` message!!
> aarrgghh!! whats the point, I know resident evil makes up for this
> by haveing an annoying picyure of a door opening, (face it this
> gets boring after the millionth time).
> So now tell me truthfully do you really expect the ps 2 will be
> faster just because it's newer? cd's will always be slow and it's
> not their fault but it really can spoil a perfectly good game!
Tue 20/06/00 at 21:42
You say CDs are slow, Fogmaster, you're calling your own Dolphin slow. I know cartrides are fast, but they're limited in memory and that's why the N64 couldn't have any Final Fantasy games. Not many know about it, but Square tried to make a Final Fantasy game for the N64, and quickly abandoned it because they couldn't fit enough data into the cartridge. That stinks because DVD has so much memory and you could put a game playable for a year and you wouldn't have beaten it, but most DVD drives only are four times speed and you could be playing the game for a year and a half because of loading times. Still, I don't care how slow it is. Everyone quit insultin' me and I won't insult you. I'll probably end up getting all three of the next generation consoles anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.