GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is The PS 2 Any Good???...............NO WAY"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/05/00 at 20:23
Regular
The ps2 will be a joke and because non of you petty playstation owners can admit it you will stick up for it, I respect that, no offense, but the ps2 will still have the same faults as it's ancestor!
This means that it will still have all those cheap run off games that hardly any one buys yet still make it onto the shop shelves and still the people that made them put PRICE tags on them expecting you to even look at the playstation section of the store.
Did you want me to make a list of the games that scratched their way onto a pittiful ps magazine, if so write back to this.
I will tell you why the ps is so crap and why it can't be changed unless it takes a leaf out of the Nintendo book of consoles!.
1. When ever your in a building in one of the games and you walk alongside a wall, you can see through it! e.g. `Die Hard Trilogy`
2. The titles and plots of some of the games are so crap they can only be called games because they have a cd inside with some resemblence of a game inside.
3. ALL of the good games on the ps are copies or imitations of really popular N64 games, but you cannot tell me that they have any simularities. e.g. `Tommorrow Never Dies`, `Rainbow 6`.
4. Most of the beginning titles for the ps would have had a better excuse for being so bad on the atari. e.g. rayman, juming jack flash.
5. There have only been a few games that have made it into gaming history out of the HUNDREDS of games spilled out of a mental patients heads onto your console. e.g. tombraider, gta (also much better on the PC where you can have two player battles!)
6. The £30+ you spend on the game is hardly worth your time walking into the shop when you take it home and complete it after an hour. e.g. `Duke Nukem` (also found on the PC and N64 both with multiplayer functions).

I thought that I would mention all of these to you playstation fans so that you don't get disheartened when the `NEXT GENERATION` PSX2 comes into a shop near you, and you find out that all you pay for is a black box with a cd player and a crappy controller which has most of it's technology from Nintendo (analogue) as if it would resemble any kind of Nintendo in any way.
All playstation games are so easy to complete that your younger brother or sister could complete a level while your in the loo.
Whereas the N64 will have gamers all around the world puzzled for weeks.

Beleive me, buy a gameboy with pac man on it and improve your gaming ability!
Sat 06/05/00 at 20:23
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The ps2 will be a joke and because non of you petty playstation owners can admit it you will stick up for it, I respect that, no offense, but the ps2 will still have the same faults as it's ancestor!
This means that it will still have all those cheap run off games that hardly any one buys yet still make it onto the shop shelves and still the people that made them put PRICE tags on them expecting you to even look at the playstation section of the store.
Did you want me to make a list of the games that scratched their way onto a pittiful ps magazine, if so write back to this.
I will tell you why the ps is so crap and why it can't be changed unless it takes a leaf out of the Nintendo book of consoles!.
1. When ever your in a building in one of the games and you walk alongside a wall, you can see through it! e.g. `Die Hard Trilogy`
2. The titles and plots of some of the games are so crap they can only be called games because they have a cd inside with some resemblence of a game inside.
3. ALL of the good games on the ps are copies or imitations of really popular N64 games, but you cannot tell me that they have any simularities. e.g. `Tommorrow Never Dies`, `Rainbow 6`.
4. Most of the beginning titles for the ps would have had a better excuse for being so bad on the atari. e.g. rayman, juming jack flash.
5. There have only been a few games that have made it into gaming history out of the HUNDREDS of games spilled out of a mental patients heads onto your console. e.g. tombraider, gta (also much better on the PC where you can have two player battles!)
6. The £30+ you spend on the game is hardly worth your time walking into the shop when you take it home and complete it after an hour. e.g. `Duke Nukem` (also found on the PC and N64 both with multiplayer functions).

I thought that I would mention all of these to you playstation fans so that you don't get disheartened when the `NEXT GENERATION` PSX2 comes into a shop near you, and you find out that all you pay for is a black box with a cd player and a crappy controller which has most of it's technology from Nintendo (analogue) as if it would resemble any kind of Nintendo in any way.
All playstation games are so easy to complete that your younger brother or sister could complete a level while your in the loo.
Whereas the N64 will have gamers all around the world puzzled for weeks.

Beleive me, buy a gameboy with pac man on it and improve your gaming ability!
Sat 06/05/00 at 21:53
I think you're just spiteful of Sony because you bought an N64 and the PS sold better. Sure, the N64 was better - I was a PS owner until I got a Dreamcast, and I admit this openly. And the N64 had some great games, some of which were never bettered on the PS. But at least the PS actually had a constant stream of titles - good or bad. There were tons of crap games, but there were tons of good ones too (and there still are).

And do you really think Rainbow 6 was designed as an N64 title? It came out on the PC first, so I guess what you said about the PS having crap ports could be said about the N64 too. Personally, I like ports if the game is worth porting. And about GTA: you would expect it to be better on the PC because PC technology is now five years ahead of the PS. What kind of a comparison is that?! PC technology will eventually overtake the DC, the PS2, the Dolphin and even the X-Box. My last point: Nintendo did not invent analogue controllers - they've been on the PC since the beginning of time. Nintendo just happened to release there console when the time was right for the transition - they realised how useful analogue control could be for 3D movement because they'd seen Saturn and PS games in action for over a year.

Apart from that, I agree with what you said, but there's no need to contort the facts to get your point across. I think the PS2 isn't as good as the DC or any of the other announced super-consoles, but it's still going to sell by the bucketload because of its name and all the hype. The Dolphin and the X-Box sound cool, and I hope they sell well because I might buy one myself if they're considerably better than the DC.

Fogmaster wrote:
> The ps2 will be a joke and because non of you petty playstation
> owners can admit it you will stick up for it, I respect that, no
> offense, but the ps2 will still have the same faults as it's
> ancestor!
> This means that it will still have all those cheap run off games
> that hardly any one buys yet still make it onto the shop shelves
> and still the people that made them put PRICE tags on them
> expecting you to even look at the playstation section of the store.
> Did you want me to make a list of the games that scratched their
> way onto a pittiful ps magazine, if so write back to this.
> I will tell you why the ps is so crap and why it can't be changed
> unless it takes a leaf out of the Nintendo book of consoles!.
> 1. When ever your in a building in one of the games and you walk
> alongside a wall, you can see through it! e.g. `Die Hard Trilogy`
> 2. The titles and plots of some of the games are so crap they can
> only be called games because they have a cd inside with some
> resemblence of a game inside.
> 3. ALL of the good games on the ps are copies or imitations of
> really popular N64 games, but you cannot tell me that they have
> any simularities. e.g. `Tommorrow Never Dies`, `Rainbow 6`.
> 4. Most of the beginning titles for the ps would have had a better
> excuse for being so bad on the atari. e.g. rayman, juming jack
> flash.
> 5. There have only been a few games that have made it into gaming
> history out of the HUNDREDS of games spilled out of a mental
> patients heads onto your console. e.g. tombraider, gta (also much
> better on the PC where you can have two player battles!)
> 6. The £30+ you spend on the game is hardly worth your time
> walking into the shop when you take it home and complete it after
> an hour. e.g. `Duke Nukem` (also found on the PC and N64 both with
> multiplayer functions).
>
> I thought that I would mention all of these to you playstation
> fans so that you don't get disheartened when the `NEXT GENERATION`
> PSX2 comes into a shop near you, and you find out that all you pay
> for is a black box with a cd player and a crappy controller which
> has most of it's technology from Nintendo (analogue) as if it
> would resemble any kind of Nintendo in any way.
> All playstation games are so easy to complete that your younger
> brother or sister could complete a level while your in the loo.
> Whereas the N64 will have gamers all around the world puzzled for
> weeks.
>
> Beleive me, buy a gameboy with pac man on it and improve your
> gaming ability!
Sun 07/05/00 at 12:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Your points are all very good but I also have made a very valid point in my message:
Even though the PC has more updated technology this is only because it would have been too expensive for that sort of a system to have been sold on a console scale to the public. PS2 will be updated. PC's get updated every week with cheaper models, making that sort of computing power availiable to the masses.
Yes analogue controllers have been on the PC's for ages but had not been used on a console with a high memory, graphics and as many 3d creations as the N64.
but seeing as the `next generation` of consoles are coming through I might as well shut up until they are all out: ps2, dolphin, x-box.
Sun 07/05/00 at 18:23
Excuse me? Metal Gear Solid is the best game on any console at the moment. Nintendo can't better it. Also, Rainbow 6 is one of the worst games I've ever played. It hardly has a plot, the controls are sensitive and annoying, it's short and very easy. Also, the stuff you were saying about crap plots, try playing Metal Gear Solid, which had a such a good plot it made me laugh and nearly cry. Also, Tomb Raider has great plots, there are loads of games with great plots. Name 5 N64 games that have a plot not copied from a film. By the way, what console do you own?
Fogmaster wrote:
> The ps2 will be a joke and because non of you petty playstation
> owners can admit it you will stick up for it, I respect that, no
> offense, but the ps2 will still have the same faults as it's
> ancestor!
> This means that it will still have all those cheap run off games
> that hardly any one buys yet still make it onto the shop shelves
> and still the people that made them put PRICE tags on them
> expecting you to even look at the playstation section of the store.
> Did you want me to make a list of the games that scratched their
> way onto a pittiful ps magazine, if so write back to this.
> I will tell you why the ps is so crap and why it can't be changed
> unless it takes a leaf out of the Nintendo book of consoles!.
> 1. When ever your in a building in one of the games and you walk
> alongside a wall, you can see through it! e.g. `Die Hard Trilogy`
> 2. The titles and plots of some of the games are so crap they can
> only be called games because they have a cd inside with some
> resemblence of a game inside.
> 3. ALL of the good games on the ps are copies or imitations of
> really popular N64 games, but you cannot tell me that they have
> any simularities. e.g. `Tommorrow Never Dies`, `Rainbow 6`.
> 4. Most of the beginning titles for the ps would have had a better
> excuse for being so bad on the atari. e.g. rayman, juming jack
> flash.
> 5. There have only been a few games that have made it into gaming
> history out of the HUNDREDS of games spilled out of a mental
> patients heads onto your console. e.g. tombraider, gta (also much
> better on the PC where you can have two player battles!)
> 6. The £30+ you spend on the game is hardly worth your time
> walking into the shop when you take it home and complete it after
> an hour. e.g. `Duke Nukem` (also found on the PC and N64 both with
> multiplayer functions).
>
> I thought that I would mention all of these to you playstation
> fans so that you don't get disheartened when the `NEXT GENERATION`
> PSX2 comes into a shop near you, and you find out that all you pay
> for is a black box with a cd player and a crappy controller which
> has most of it's technology from Nintendo (analogue) as if it
> would resemble any kind of Nintendo in any way.
> All playstation games are so easy to complete that your younger
> brother or sister could complete a level while your in the loo.
> Whereas the N64 will have gamers all around the world puzzled for
> weeks.
>
> Beleive me, buy a gameboy with pac man on it and improve your
> gaming ability!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.