GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commodore Amiga 500 For Sale..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 17:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just before i put this on eBay, comes fully boxed with all the necessary leads etc, and a mouse. Currently there are no games or instruction booklets, but i am waiting on these, as the console was recently given to me to be sold, and this person is still looking for them. So how much would i be looking to get for it, with or without games?? Cheers in advance...
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:48
Marzman wrote:
> lcarus, the software any good? Most emmulators I've used (if they've
> worked) have been poor.

The emulation is spot on, replicating Workbench 3.0, the same OS I used when I had an A1200. The problem is getting the image files required to run most games and apps, as most have ceased CD duplication, and I've disposed of all my Amiga CDs since. Of course, most came on floppies - but it doesn't help when I don't own one.

Having said that, there is Aminet, the biggest online resource for the Amiga.

Don't you think there should be official
> software to keep the old titles going. I mean, theres music
> archives, why not a games one.

There is, but the situation is rather dire. Last year, Hyperion released Heretic on the A1200; past big titles have also been released long after the Amiga's "death"; but in the end, the output has been very low indeed. A new OS has finally been released though.

I wish midway would cut the c**p and
> bring out amiga and sega classics. I'd love to be able to play paper
> boy or roadrash on the xbox.

I think there are emulators that you can run on the Xbox, but you'll have to get it chipped I think.
Mon 11/10/04 at 15:41
"Was the man of marz"
lcarus, the software any good? Most emmulators I've used (if they've worked) have been poor. Don't you think there should be official software to keep the old titles going. I mean, theres music archives, why not a games one. I wish midway would cut the c**p and bring out amiga and sega classics. I'd love to be able to play paper boy or roadrash on the xbox.
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:18
Very_Metal wrote:

> yes, the amiga was (and is) capable of being used to search the web.
> my preferred browser was AWeb, using Miami to connect.

Wow, someone who who used an Amiga other than for games! All my mates said in the past, "Didn't know the AMiga could use the net, etc." To be honest though, they weren't missing out on anything.
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:17
Marzman wrote:
> lcarus: You selling Amiga emulation software?
>
Yup.
Sat 09/10/04 at 15:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Marzman wrote:
> Amigas where the daddy. Didn't they develope into a machine with
> interent before commadore went bust.

yes, the amiga was (and is) capable of being used to search the web.
my preferred browser was AWeb, using Miami to connect.
Sat 09/10/04 at 15:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hannard wrote:
> Bear in mind that for true Amiga authenticity you have to sell the
> machine with the most useless and rubbish games in existence. Wahey!
> I bought an Amiga? Oh, wait, what's this? Captain Planet and Bart Vs
> The Space Mutants? Hurrah.

aaaah, the cartoon classics pack. also came with Lemmings and Deluxe Paint 3 i believe :)
Sat 09/10/04 at 15:08
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Keep it you wanna miss it then you can´t play some of you old game again
Thu 30/09/04 at 21:03
"Was the man of marz"
lcarus: You selling Amiga emulation software?

I doubt people will be using the Dreamcast to access this site. It was so slow and rubbish, I got as far as setting up an email address and told myself it wasn't worth it.

Amigas where the daddy. Didn't they develope into a machine with interent before commadore went bust.
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:50
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
cookie monster wrote:

> What? Bart vs the space mutants was class. Damn hard though, the
> furthest i got was the power plant.

...I dont think I even made it that far! Was a very hard game, my most recallable memory of it was on the first level annoying the hell out of Moe on the phone ;)

- The Amiga was well ahead, no doubt about it - I despised PC users, they were unenlightened, but here we all sit today, typing away on one (or a MAC, or even on a Dreamcast if they didn't pull the internet plug yet ;p)
Wed 29/09/04 at 20:57
Amiga forever emulation software (the best of the lot) going at my Clearout IV

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.