GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/06/01 at 21:36
Regular
Violence in games. Its been discussed before, and recently accepted that games do not cause the youth of today to be more violent, instead possibly increasing brain activity and as a result, intelligence.

Is it true? I have new evidence to show otherwise. I have monitored my behaviour before and after using Fur Fighters on the PS2, and discovered a shocking pattern.

------ssxpro before Fur fighters: (The average day)------

08:00 Wake up, and fairly quickly go about normal morning routines. A quick brush of my teeth, (following the morning bowl of cereal) and I feel ready for the day ahead.

08:45 Work starts at 09:30, and it is a half hour drive away. Allowing time for delays and changing into uniform, I depart the house with a wave good bye to my brother (stuck revising at home).

09:30 - 17:30 The day progresses as expected. No casualties, no meetings with the woman of my dreams, and no PS2 for eight hours. A quick stop for lunch breaks up the day nicely, and the time passes at a fair pace. Everything seems fine, both with myself and everyone around me.

18:00 Once at home I begin to relax nicely, and take part in pleasant conversation on the subject of eachothers experiences of the day. A delicious pizza for dinner (onions being a vital topping here) finishes the main part of the day perfectly.

19:00 - 21:00 A tough, but enjoyable swim takes me six kilometers closer to nowhere in particular, other than perhaps another competition attempt in my favoured event. The usual people are there. Some I don`t know well, others I do, whilst a few I knew "very well" in the past. All are undergoing the same physical punishment as our coach squeezes those final few seconds from our times.

22:00 Big Brother. As a big brother myself I feel it is my duty to watch this program, even though it may cause insanity.

23:00 Following a quick peal at UKdiscussions.com to see whats happening with Grix, Wookiee Meka and co. its off to bed in preparation for the next day.

------ssxpro after Fur Fighters: (Average?)------

08:00 Wake up, due to an extremely annoying alarm clock. What right does it have to shout its mouth off at this time in the morning? The realisation that I had set it to do so makes me even more mad, and causes me to hurl the alarm clock across the room, resulting in the abrupt disassembling of the innocent clock.

08:05 With this outburst under control its back off to sleep.

09:45 My brother walks in enquiring about my shift at work. It of course should have started at 15 minutes ago. Fortunately my brother had sufficient intelligence to know that it was a good time to remove himself from the room.

10:00 I begin the two meter treck across the room to the PS2. Fur Fighter is already in the PS2 (probably lucky for the PS2 I`d imagine). I may be unshaven, filthy, bad tempered and smelling of alcohol but I knew it wouldn`t stop me taking up the controller and bursting the fluff out of another 100 or so furry bears.

10:00 - 11:30 During my annihilation of numerous fluffy toys, the phone rings several times. I ignore it completely.

11:30 My brother (showing a surprising amount of bravery) enters the room to inform me (yet again) that my work place has telephoned yet again to ask where I was, and how late I would be. It surprised me that they showed such persistance.

12:00 Eventually I gave in, and decided to head for work. The frustration at being fluffed by a two foot tall toy had finally got to me, and it was time for a new source of entertainment - my workmates.

12:30 The drive to work could be described as "eventful" if you wanted to put it lightly. There was the occasional "scratch" down the side of the car as well as many "scratches" on at least four other vehilces. The use of bad language on an uncountable number of occasions had suceeded in surprising even myself.

13:00 "Arriving" at work involved parking the car (belonging to my mother) literally inside the vehicle belonging to the manager.

13:30 I am sent home... permanently. Apparently the manager wasn`t too impressed that when he questioned me about the accident, I replied with an assortment of swear words, and evil gestures.

14:00 - 19:00 Its back to Fur Fighters, with little or no regard for my present situation. No job. No friends. A family that was beginning to hate me.

19:00 Swimming? You are joking! Its off to town with Ken the Killer and Rob the rapist. Alcohol, drugs and violence at every possible opportunity. Fourteen victims later, a small problem arises. The fifteenth turns out to be a police officer, and its off to the slam for our trio. Secretly I know the Ken and Rob were only there supporting me a little and that it was me who was mostly responsible, but I`m not going to let on.

23:59 The day ends in jail. A place I am likely to inhabit for most of the rest of my life. My newly discovered violent side appears to be completely irrepressible. There is nothing I can do except stare at the wall opposite me and count down the days to my release...

>>>>>>>----- IMPORTANT NOTE -----<<<<<<<

This is a joke (a very long one I admit). Please do not take any of the above seriously. Fur Fighters is an excellent game that in no way encourages violent behaviour. There is no blood, and no sinister or evil intention lurking beneath. Even when violence does exist in games, it very rarely affects those who use them, instead it is more likely to help our thinking processes.

Goodnight.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:05
Regular
i like it
Fri 22/06/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Aliboy wrote:
> I got thrill kill from a friend who gets alot of mport games. There are alot of games like this, silent hill 2 for one looks like very spooky. i dont see why they ban them though.

Yet again, imports rule and we get the crap (metaphorically speaking)! Yeah SH2 does look spooky and I can't wait.

As for banning them, I don't remember any PSx or PS2 game being banned here in the UK, I know some games don't make the crossover from Japan to here (actually alot) but this is usually to do with Japanese tastes! (no nothing to do with sushi!) I remember when GTA came out, there was a big who-ha about "oh this is morally corrupt, a game where you do jobs for drugs barons etc blah blah blah!!!" (oy, put a sock in it will'ya!

But it still got release over here and now we're looking forward to GT3 on the PS2 so hopefully more games like this and other genres will be released to the UK market without the older (boring) generation getting up of their high horses and just leave us to our own decisions as to whether we go out and buy them!!!
Thu 21/06/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I got thrill kill from a friend who gets alot of mport games. There are alot of games like this, silent hill 2 for one looks like very spooky. i dont see why they ban them though.
Thu 21/06/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Goatboy wrote:
> Thrillkill is no worse than Mortal Kombat.
Except for the midget in bondage gear.
More disturbing than outragous

I saw the demo for Silent Hill 2 round my mates house and thought that was quite disturbing as well, especially the thing with the ******g great sword who's wrestling with those leg things at the end.....still can't wait for that on a dark night!!
Thu 21/06/01 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thrillkill is no worse than Mortal Kombat.

Except for the midget in bondage gear.

More disturbing than outragous
Thu 21/06/01 at 13:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I've heard of Thrill Kill and I've played it aswell, banned here because of the violent nature of the game.
Thu 21/06/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Aliboy wrote:
> Originally virgin software then they sold it to EA if you want to know more check out this site, i found it just there but there is probably a better one.

Hey, looks good and sound good, they should release it for the PS2, think of the gore available with the PS2 graphics!

How did you get hold of the game, import or actually released over here?
Thu 21/06/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Originally virgin software then they sold it to EA if you want to know more check out this site, i found it just there but there is probably a better one.

http://members.nbci.com/DaSoldierC/ thrill.htm
remember to remove the space.
Thu 21/06/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Nope, never heard of it.

Who released it?
Thu 21/06/01 at 11:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I own a game on the PS1 called "Thrill kill" nobody else i know owns this game or has even heard of it. It was banned from being sold in the uk as it was too violent. I think it is great. You can have a four player where you beat the living daylights out of each other. Tha graphics aren't great but its brilliant to play and i can kind of see why it was banned. I was just wondering if anyone else had played or even heard of this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.