GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CD loading times"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/05/00 at 09:49
Regular
One thing that really annoys me is when Nintendo 64 owners go and s**g the Playstation and the Playstation 2 off just because of it’s loading times.
The N64 uses cartridges, where as the Playstation uses CDs, which means the Playstation has to load games, where as the N64 plays them straight away. Okay, this may be annoying, but ask any normal Playstation owner what they think about the loading times, and they will say that they don’t care. I certainly don’t. When you play the game, you’ll realise that it was worth it. Anyway, some games hardly have to load at all. And there are only a couple of games that take a while to load, such as Brian Lara Cricket and Formula 1 97. But games like Soul Reaver and Metal Gear Solid, you hardly have to wait any time before you’re straight into the action. It’s the same for all the Tekken games. That’s the one reason that quite a few N64 owners use to s**g off the Playstation. CDs, if you ask me, are the way forward. The Dreamcast and the Playstation 2 for instance, are both consoles that use CDs. Also, you can play music and DVD with the CDs, which means your console is 3 great things in one. A games console, a CD player and a DVD player. Excellent!
The N64 has it’s own problems, like the amount of games they have. Playstation probably has double the amount of games, and also, there are only really a few top class games on the N64, such as Goldeneye, Mario Karts 64 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (great game). Where as the Playstation has numerous amountos of great games. Jedi Power Battles, F1 2000, Fifa 2000, all of the Tomb Raiders, Metal Gear Solid, Soul Reaver, the Tekkens, need I go on?
So all you N64 owners out there, stop dissing the Playstation, it may have it’s problems, yet so does the N64. Thanks for reading, GamesDude
Sun 21/05/00 at 09:49
One thing that really annoys me is when Nintendo 64 owners go and s**g the Playstation and the Playstation 2 off just because of it’s loading times.
The N64 uses cartridges, where as the Playstation uses CDs, which means the Playstation has to load games, where as the N64 plays them straight away. Okay, this may be annoying, but ask any normal Playstation owner what they think about the loading times, and they will say that they don’t care. I certainly don’t. When you play the game, you’ll realise that it was worth it. Anyway, some games hardly have to load at all. And there are only a couple of games that take a while to load, such as Brian Lara Cricket and Formula 1 97. But games like Soul Reaver and Metal Gear Solid, you hardly have to wait any time before you’re straight into the action. It’s the same for all the Tekken games. That’s the one reason that quite a few N64 owners use to s**g off the Playstation. CDs, if you ask me, are the way forward. The Dreamcast and the Playstation 2 for instance, are both consoles that use CDs. Also, you can play music and DVD with the CDs, which means your console is 3 great things in one. A games console, a CD player and a DVD player. Excellent!
The N64 has it’s own problems, like the amount of games they have. Playstation probably has double the amount of games, and also, there are only really a few top class games on the N64, such as Goldeneye, Mario Karts 64 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (great game). Where as the Playstation has numerous amountos of great games. Jedi Power Battles, F1 2000, Fifa 2000, all of the Tomb Raiders, Metal Gear Solid, Soul Reaver, the Tekkens, need I go on?
So all you N64 owners out there, stop dissing the Playstation, it may have it’s problems, yet so does the N64. Thanks for reading, GamesDude
Sun 21/05/00 at 17:57
You contradict yourself. One time time you say tomb raider is boring and repetitve, and now youre saying it's great!
And the PS may have double the games, but most of them are rubbish!!
Sun 21/05/00 at 20:50
I said Tomb Raider WILL get boring if they maker another one. They're great at the moment. Also, the PSX may have double the games, but most of them are great!
TheBest wrote:
> You contradict yourself. One time time you say tomb raider is
> boring and repetitve, and now youre saying it's great!
> And the PS may have double the games, but most of them are rubbish!!
Tue 23/05/00 at 21:32
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The only reason CD's are used is because they are extreeeeemly cheap, whereas the N64 carts are more expensive, thats why you get so many free, a Cd costs about0.001p to make, a cart may cost £1, this makes a lot of difference when selling in mass. You would think the ps loading times are hardly anything...because you play them every day, but when you play a N64 for a week..non-stop, and then play a ps for a week you will see a hell of a difference!
oh and Can you tell me the bad points about the N64, I can't think of any!
Sun 04/06/00 at 21:30
Obviously you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
You are as thick as someone who has eaten too many fruit jellies.

CDs are not DVDs, you can not play DVDs on a cd player.
And no, its not worth the loading times cus all N64 games are better than playstation ones, not because of loading but because of the gameplay and graphics.
I have a playstation and I care about the loading, I couldnt be arsed waiting.
GDROMS and DVDs are the way of the fuure, not cds.
And it is stupid mentioning the PS2, the worst console to date.
You can get a lot more for half the price with the Dreamcast.

Oh, and Jedi Power Battles, F1 2000, Fifa 2000, all of the Tomb
Raiders??? They are by far the worst games in circulation....
N64 may not have that many games, but all of them are of high quality..

> One thing that really annoys me is when Nintendo 64 owners go and
> s**g the Playstation and the Playstation 2 off just because of
> it’s loading times.
> The N64 uses cartridges, where as the Playstation uses CDs,
> which means the Playstation has to load games, where as the N64
> plays them straight away. Okay, this may be annoying, but ask any
> normal Playstation owner what they think about the loading times,
> and they will say that they don’t care. I certainly don’t. When
> you play the game, you’ll realise that it was worth it. Anyway,
> some games hardly have to load at all. And there are only a couple
> of games that take a while to load, such as Brian Lara Cricket and
> Formula 1 97. But games like Soul Reaver and Metal Gear Solid, you
> hardly have to wait any time before you’re straight into the
> action. It’s the same for all the Tekken games. That’s the one
> reason that quite a few N64 owners use to s**g off the
> Playstation. CDs, if you ask me, are the way forward. The
> Dreamcast and the Playstation 2 for instance, are both consoles
> that use CDs. Also, you can play music and DVD with the CDs, which
> means your console is 3 great things in one. A games console, a CD
> player and a DVD player. Excellent!
> The N64 has it’s own problems, like the amount of games they
> have. Playstation probably has double the amount of games, and
> also, there are only really a few top class games on the N64, such
> as Goldeneye, Mario Karts 64 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (great
> game). Where as the Playstation has numerous amountos of great
> games. Jedi Power Battles, F1 2000, Fifa 2000, all of the Tomb
> Raiders, Metal Gear Solid, Soul Reaver, the Tekkens, need I go on?
> So all you N64 owners out there, stop dissing the Playstation,
> it may have it’s problems, yet so does the N64. Thanks for
> reading, GamesDude

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.