GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lack of inovation"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/05/00 at 19:30
Regular
I don't know if this has been covered but has anyone actualy played any of the games on the ps2 yet, with the exception of fantavision (which could be done on a ps1) their all exactly the same as their psx equvilants, some like RRV are worse. Tekken tag tournement is exactly the same as tekken 3, soul caliber kicks it's backside. I'd be interested in any intelligent responses.
Tue 30/05/00 at 19:30
I don't know if this has been covered but has anyone actualy played any of the games on the ps2 yet, with the exception of fantavision (which could be done on a ps1) their all exactly the same as their psx equvilants, some like RRV are worse. Tekken tag tournement is exactly the same as tekken 3, soul caliber kicks it's backside. I'd be interested in any intelligent responses.
Tue 30/05/00 at 23:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't want to stick up for the ps2, but all begginning games have their faults, if you think about the first games released on the ps compared to the ones you play now, e.g. resident evil, tekken 3 then you will understand that you have to wait for good games, and don't forget that the ps2 won't be all that good and you have to give it time because they made a muck up when putting the thing together.
All the game producers have said it's hard to make games for it because the video chip isn't as powerfull as it should be, and doesn't fit the requirements needed to furfill it's true capacity.
Sun 04/06/00 at 21:24
I disagree
When had had first seen Mario 64, I got all tingly and excited - perfection I though.

When I had first seen Sonic Adventure I had realised the new age of gaming.

When I had first seen Ridge Racer and Tekken Tag..... I laughed, so loud that Sony of Japan could hear me.
So, beginning games can be good, just not on the Playstation and if I have to weight for 2 years untill I get Dreamcast quality graphics on the PS2, imagine what the DC will look like.

Sony are a huge mess-up of a company.
But because of the name, people will still buy the PS2, even tho it has 4mb less video RAM than the Dreamcast, even tho it doesnt look as good, even tho you cant go on the net, even tho the games arent as good, even tho it will be half the price and even tho in the summer, with Bleemcast you will beable to play 400 Playstation games twice as good as PS2 will..

THE DREAMCAST IS NOW £150 AND YOU CAN BUY OVER 50 AMAZING TITLES...
Are the public stupid???

> I don't want to stick up for the ps2, but all begginning games
> have their faults, if you think about the first games released on
> the ps compared to the ones you play now, e.g. resident evil,
> tekken 3 then you will understand that you have to wait for good
> games, and don't forget that the ps2 won't be all that good and
> you have to give it time because they made a muck up when putting
> the thing together.
> All the game producers have said it's hard to make games for it
> because the video chip isn't as powerfull as it should be, and
> doesn't fit the requirements needed to furfill it's true capacity.
Thu 08/06/00 at 19:52
I agree. Well, kinda.

Although everyone will buy a PSX2 simply on face value, not taking into account the low quality of gameplay seen so far (& yes, I have played on a PSX2). Forget internet access, forget DVD drives, forget zip drives and mp3's - are the games any good? Not yet. No games currently in development seem to offer anything new/original/fun (except MGS2, which isn't out until Xmas 2001!). Not even the graphics have surpassed the DC yet (GT2000 doesn't even look as good as MSR, but I'll reserve final opinion when both games are finally released).

But the DC is not some kind of christ-like figure amoungst this. Yes, there are some great games available at the moment (Crazy Taxi, ChuChu, Ready2Rumble, Power Stone, Soul Calibur), but saying that there are over 50 'amazing' games so far is ignorent. There are no more than 7-8 games that can be considered 'amazing'. Many average, several bad, a few good, but not many amazing (still better than the PSX2, mind).

Sonic Adventure is not as big a revalution as Mario 64, either. Sega knew they had to put Sonic in 3D to sell units, but it was badly implemented. The controls aren't the best, some appalling levels, VERY short lifespan and unoriginal/boring (delete as appopriate) made me (a HUGE fan of the Mega Drive Sonics) fealing VERY disapointed. It's a case of 3D for 3D's sake.

And yes, I do own a Dreamcast.
And yes, the public are stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.