GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where Should I Go For PS 2 Info?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 16:14
Regular
Folks,

I keep seeing loads and loads of posts on here concerning information about the PS 2 such as internet connections, etc.

The official Sony web page is, I think, a bag of pants, but I really do want to find out about things like the internal Hard Drive and how the PS 2 will use the internet.

Could anyone suggest a decent web page I could bookmark as a reference site to find information of this nature?
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:14
Folks,

I keep seeing loads and loads of posts on here concerning information about the PS 2 such as internet connections, etc.

The official Sony web page is, I think, a bag of pants, but I really do want to find out about things like the internal Hard Drive and how the PS 2 will use the internet.

Could anyone suggest a decent web page I could bookmark as a reference site to find information of this nature?
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
your here. just ask your question and one of the ever knowledgable forum bods will help you
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:58
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
humpo wrote:
> your here. just ask your question and one of the ever >knowledgable forum bods will help you

Took the words right out of me mouth :)

Don't forget to check back on this forums topics as there are loads of areas that have been covered and already answered.

eg. Lip synch problems were covered ages ago and the solution posted but this has recently been brought up again in another topic, could have saved time and effort with a bit of searching.

If you find any that you think are worth while don't forget to post them up here!
Tue 19/06/01 at 17:21
fair enough, here goes then......

How will the PlayStation 2 connect to the internet? How will you configure IP addresses and routers and stuff, without an IP Control Panel? Can you use any Internet Service provider? When will the modems be available?

What's the good of the USB keyboard? Will it work with anything yet?

Where can we get the hard disk from, and what purpose will it serve?

When will we be able to connect the PlayStation 2 to an ethernet network?

When can we expect on-line gaming with the PS 2?

Will we be able to actually surf the web on a PS 2?
Tue 19/06/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
SteveyboyUK wrote:
> fair enough, here goes then......

How will the PlayStation 2
> connect to the internet? How will you configure IP addresses and
> routers and stuff, without an IP Control Panel? Can you use any
> Internet Service provider? When will the modems be
> available?

Not sure yet.

What's the good of the USB keyboard? Will it work with
> anything yet?
Sony Japan have released a home programming kit which allows users to create games for their PS2(Not sure if it will be released over here.)

Where can we get the hard disk from, and what
> purpose will it serve?
Hard disk will be out soon. im not sure of the purpose yet but probably for software to allow on-line access.

When will we be able to connect the
> PlayStation 2 to an ethernet network?
mmmm not sure if sony know that yet.

When can we expect on-line
> gaming with the PS 2?
It due to be tested in Japan then USA, we will be a long time after that.

Will we be able to actually surf the web on
> a PS 2?
no idea
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:06
Regular
Steveyboy, you may find that you do not know any of this information at the moment, because quite simply niether do Sony!!

This technology is very region specific depending on the system provided by different ISPs in different areas, for the most info you are likely to find from an official press-release head over to, http://www.blueyonder.co.uk /html/press/ 17may01.html.
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:07
Regular
You will need to remove the spaces from that url!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 11:14
Regular
try ign.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.