GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"halo 1 is it worth me gettin?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Ow Yer"
ive finally got broadband and am lookin for kikin online game but was wonder if it would b worth it wen the new 1s comein out soon or mayb it already is:S sorry that i dont no not a big fan of it yet as ive never played it b4 :S
do i hav 2 hav a super computer to run this game???
Tue 31/08/04 at 11:56
Regular
All of you halo players need to get directX 9.0c, if you haven't already.

Huge increase in performance.

At least with my Radeon, anyway.
Mon 30/08/04 at 13:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Halo Single Player - Occasionally fun when you get to play around in the vehicles and the outdoor environments are quite nice if not as open as they are in games like the superior Far Cry, but it has bland and repetitive interior level design together with strikingly samey combat.

Halo Multiplayer - Bleh, pales in comparison to many online games, most notably Unreal Tournament 2004 which does the who futuristic vehicular combat thing much better than in Halo.

Overall, overrated. Occasionally it's fun but for all the fuss it caused on the X-Box I found it to be a fairly repetitive shooter without the craftsmanship of better game. Get Far Cry instead.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mathews wrote:
> booooooooooooooooring
> ok and i hardly used ne txt talkin apart from ne aand stuff like that
> so u can just shut the hell uo cus u can still read it!

Yeah I could read it, but without proper english and grammar it took twice as long to read.

Just pointing out that most people on here actually use proper english and grammar as we do have a full keyboard in front of use.
Mon 30/08/04 at 08:29
Regular
"\\"
Mathews wrote:
> booooooooooooooooring
> ok and i hardly used ne txt talkin apart from ne aand stuff like that
> so u can just shut the hell uo cus u can still read it!

What?

'Super computer'... How I cry.
Mon 30/08/04 at 01:49
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Unreal Tournament 2004 - Full stop...
Mon 30/08/04 at 01:02
Regular
"Teal'c"
monkey_man wrote:
> Op Flashpoint

:' }
Mon 30/08/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, you'll fit in perfectly with the 'tards on Halo.

My laptop is 2.66Ghz, 512RAM, 64Mb NVidia card, miles over the 'recommended' specs on the box, but it still doesn't run that well. In fact, I have to run it fairly low - no shadows, details, etc., just to make it playable. It's a poor port though, and having played it thoroughly on Xbox and PC, the Xbox one is miles better.

There are far better online PC shooters out there too. Op Flashpoint, Counterstrike, Call of Duty - the list is endless.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Ow Yer"
booooooooooooooooring
ok and i hardly used ne txt talkin apart from ne aand stuff like that so u can just shut the hell uo cus u can still read it!
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Word of advice, try and use proper english rather than short hand txt talk.

Anyway Halo 2 won't be out for the PC for quite a while. The Xbox version isn't out till the end of the year. Halo 1 on the PC took about 18 months or so to get from the Xbox.

Halo is a pretty demanding game, so yes you do need a pretty powerfull PC. A PC that was top spec about a year ago would do. I have played it on my XP2800, 1GB Ram, 9800 Pro and it runs at high detail. Halo is actually a bad conversion in my view, as I loved the Xbox version and the PC version doesn't compare.

If you want a really good online FPS then get Unreal Tournament 2004 as you get a load of different modes, a good 100 odd maps and a very fast paced game.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Ow Yer"
ive finally got broadband and am lookin for kikin online game but was wonder if it would b worth it wen the new 1s comein out soon or mayb it already is:S sorry that i dont no not a big fan of it yet as ive never played it b4 :S
do i hav 2 hav a super computer to run this game???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.