GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will metal gear solid 2 live up to the hype?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
The first game was one that had you coming back for mor and then some but will the second be a step forward or a giant leap that is expected. i will be getting the 2nd installment and hope that it will be as big a game as it has been made out to be. Having seen the clips ithink we are all in luck.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:52
Regular
yes
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:38
Ha, I think this will be the highest selling game of the year - I only hope it 'lives up to the hype' which of course it will do. Could you read my PlayStation 2 review?
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
ICEFIRE wrote:
> The demo was enough to whet my apetite, but it wasn't very long now
> was it.

Haha! PSM2 are having a mare about people complaining about the demo being short. People are saying you can do it in 5 minutes, yet you need at least a couple of hours to see everything.

> I'll be getting this FOR SURE

I think everyone will.

That bit where snake pulls the handle off the door and then looks around and puts it back on! HAHAAAA!
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:55
The demo was enough to whet my apetite, but it wasn't very long now was it. I'll be getting this FOR SURE and I reckon it'll be leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. I'm Ice by the way. Thanks
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:51
Just blooooody brilliant, graphics are what the PS2 has been waiting for.Did anyone notice the hairy armpits on that Russian babe, now that is what i call detail.
Did I say babe! doctor, doctor, can you see me now
Mon 18/06/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Back For Good"
Konami say it's a hardware problem

Sony are "aware" of the problem but somehow it's not on their incompatiblity list.
Mon 18/06/01 at 21:03
Well, that's a bit of an a**e then really!!

I'll give Sony a call tomorrow and see what I can get out of them over the inconvienience this has caused me....
Mon 18/06/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
SteveyboyUK wrote:
> hang on, lemme backtrack a bit here - so the Special Missions
> PlayStation disc will NOT play on the PS 2, is that correct?

Yes, yes and oh yes it will not accept the disc swapping and will say "error wrong disc" i was the first person to report this to sony.

I've tryed everything, a mate of mine even created an xplorer code to bypass the whole confirmation screen but the code won't work on a PS2. We figured out that to confirm that it is the orginal MGS disc it has to be the exact PS1 hardware and some mumbo jumbo about regional hardware.

I bought the dual pack of MGS and special missions and it just asks for the MGS disc and says "error wrong disc" when you put MGS in.

I've had it since october and haven't played it.If Konami had any sense they would release the intergral version where Special missions is in the metal gear solid game.

Sucks but i did get a full refund and apology from Sony for it not working.
Mon 18/06/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
Did the demo live up to expectation??

Just think that was only a tiny preview of whats in store!! This will better anything once its out!!
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:39
B****r. I only got that package two days before getting a PS 2, I've never even taken the disc out!

Guess I'll have to seel it now without even having played it - I thought the vast majority of PSOne games would be backward compatable - why is this an exception????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.