GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lip Sync"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 11:52
Regular
Guys.

Does anyone know how to sort out lip sync problems with the DVD on PS2 ? It doesn't happen to every disc, just a few, and even by fiddling with the delay on my 5.1 amp, I still can't get it fixed. Suggestions please.....
Mon 02/07/01 at 16:08
"High polygon count"
I think they've made some changes - nothing unusual about it though; all consoles get tweaked here and there during their lifespan.
Mon 02/07/01 at 15:48
It may have been a rumor, but are the PS2s on sale different models form those at launch?

Supposedly, and only supposedly, they have tweaked the CD drive (after the scratch incedent) and called it a different model number. "SPH something."
Mon 02/07/01 at 13:53
"High polygon count"
From a post I made several weeks ago...

Those who have tried it say it works.

-----

Okay, I do not take credit for this - I'm simply passing it on. This is from a letter in the latest issue of Play magazine, from someone called Mark.

I also do not know if it actually works, because (a) I do not use my PS2 as a DVD player because I have a dedicated unit, and (b) when I *have* used the DVD playback, I have had no problems with lip-sync. Anyway, here it is...

"...page 7 of the manual, you'll find an auto-diagnosis function, which works as follows: switch on the console with nothing in it and press on your controller to access the main menu then:

1. Select 'Console' and press
2. Select 'On' and press X
3. Insert a disc. I used a DVD which I had been having lip-sync problems with.

The console should now automatically start the diagnosis. After doing this, I have watched several DVD's since and they have all played okay."
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:53
Regular
mine just works any way
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:39
To resevilfan
Only joking about the big hammer, it was a rubber mallet. Same problem got in touch with sony who said pause and play! problem sorted.
Mon 18/06/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive only experienced lip sync a few times before!! What I did was just pause it then unpause and it was fine!!
Mon 18/06/01 at 14:04
Coopster
I can highly reccomend a f-----g big hammer, it works everytime
Mon 18/06/01 at 13:48
Regular
"Back For Good"
no mate don't do that, every PS2 machine is the same.

startup in the menu, press triangle then press triangle again on console then switch diagnosis to on.

This helps it when it's running but doesn't fix it completly.(nothing does)some discs are worce than others.

and another usefull fact,you can change the screen ratio if you STOP the dvd. The instructions are very unclear but thats how to do it.
Mon 18/06/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
first of all you should try taking it back to the place you bought it, or phoning them and describing the problem.
If that dosn't work then write to sony and tell them the problem (they might replace your PS2 with a new one)
If that dosn't work then I know a way of modifying your PS2 DVD player to output a proper RGB signal which gives you a sharper high quality picture (not sure if it fixes Lip sync) But be warned its a little risky if you do it yourself (involves soldering 2 point on the circuit board) But this could destroy your PS2 totally.
Where did you buy it from? You should be able to get it replaced as it dosn't function the way it should so they should replace it for you. Let me know how you get on.
Mon 18/06/01 at 11:54
Regular
Am I the only person never to have had these problems???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.