GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3: Takedown"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
"Touched!"
Man I loved the first two but never bought them, I'm not going to make this mistake again though, looks bloody amazing and it's just got a 9.5 from IGN, another great racer, I can't wait!

"This is the best arcade racing game I've ever played. Criterion has redefined speed for all racers of the future. While classics like Wipeout and F-Zero were once the measuring stick, Burnout 3 has taken the crown. This will be one of your favorites, a true classic, and a definite contender for Game of the Year. The graphics are stunning, the soundtrack is customizable (as the EA trax are horrendous), and the racing is blazingly fast and incredibly addictive. There is no better racing experience on Xbox or any other system and anyone who ignores Burnout 3 is a fool. It's not often that every single IGN editor agrees with the greatness of a game, but there's not one among us who has voiced displeasure over this brilliant title. Believe the hype, believe the score -- this is your must-buy game of the fall."

Review here:

[URL] http://xbox.ign.com/articles/544/544204p1.html [/URL]

Even Edge gave it 9/10, what an excuse to use up some credit :D
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
"Touched!"
Man I loved the first two but never bought them, I'm not going to make this mistake again though, looks bloody amazing and it's just got a 9.5 from IGN, another great racer, I can't wait!

"This is the best arcade racing game I've ever played. Criterion has redefined speed for all racers of the future. While classics like Wipeout and F-Zero were once the measuring stick, Burnout 3 has taken the crown. This will be one of your favorites, a true classic, and a definite contender for Game of the Year. The graphics are stunning, the soundtrack is customizable (as the EA trax are horrendous), and the racing is blazingly fast and incredibly addictive. There is no better racing experience on Xbox or any other system and anyone who ignores Burnout 3 is a fool. It's not often that every single IGN editor agrees with the greatness of a game, but there's not one among us who has voiced displeasure over this brilliant title. Believe the hype, believe the score -- this is your must-buy game of the fall."

Review here:

[URL] http://xbox.ign.com/articles/544/544204p1.html [/URL]

Even Edge gave it 9/10, what an excuse to use up some credit :D
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:14
Regular
"Selected"
Wow, some nice reviews.

I've seen the Burnout 3 advert and have to say, it looks amazing. I'll definitely be getting this.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:16
"I love yo... lamp."
I will most definitely be getting this. However, I have severe doubts it could ever be better than PGR2. I've played quite a lot of Burnout 2 in preparation for this as well. I guess quite a few of you will be getting it for Live play as well. Time to update the Live list then I guess.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:29
Regular
"Touched!"
Must admit..I still regard PGR2 as my favourite Xbox game, keeps me coming back and it's very tough on gold/plat, hoping Burnout 3 will fill the void as PGR2 is all but polished off on Gold for me!
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:30
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm going back through it to try get all gold or platinums as well. Getting there. Great on Live, though I never see you play it on Live.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:33
Regular
"Touched!"
I might pop on again tomorrow, a classic game and the best on live for me along with Pandora Tomorrow..Chaos Bleeds will be amazing though, can't wait for that, loads of games coming out - I need more cash!
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:34
Regular
You can't really compare Burnout to PGR2. PGR2 is a serious racing simulation, Burnout is an arcade carnage simulator.

Both are fun but in different ways.

It's safe to say I'll be making a purchase when it's released though.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:35
Regular
"Touched!"
It's also good to see that EA haven't ruined the franchise either, wasn't hoping for scores as high as this, sounds like this could be a contender for game of the year.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:36
"I love yo... lamp."
It's not really an EA game thankfully though, they just bought Criterion.

Haven't seen you on in ages either Borat. On anything, well apart from Riddick for a bit.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:39
Regular
"Touched!"
I was on Pandora earlier for a bit, but I've been playing Doom 3 a lot recently, should be quality on Xbox live if the co-op mode makes it into the final game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.