GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NBA street short story"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/06/01 at 14:11
Regular
I cant wait until the release of nba street so I have written a short story about it.
Enjoy…

A street basketball team called new york thunder are traveling to their next game in Chicago.
'hey DJ, we there yet?'
'no stretch mon,dis cabs not wat it used to be'
'DJ why did you become a cab driver instead of being a basketball star?'
'yeah whats your story' adds bigs
'well guys, i come from a poor jamacian family, my mum, she wanted me to have chance in life so she sent me to my uncle mikeys crib in newyork . i needed some cash so i took up driving this cab but thats just in the night, so i can play ball all day and practice my sweet dunks.'
' when did you slam your first dunk again' asks stretch
' i was 11, back on da courts in jamacia when i made my first dunk in a 10foot hoop'
'wow man' says an amazed stretch.
the team arrive at the rigby street court, chicago.
'were here dudes' shouts DJ.
they get out of the cab and start warming up as they prepare for their match against the chicago earthquakes.
stretch looks around at the crowd thats begining to form. as hes looking he spots something.
'hey guys come look at dis.'
they look over into the crowd and see none other than michael jorden.
Dj turns back to the team
'i cant believe this, michael jorden da best basketball player of all time, has come to watch our match, dis is da bomb man'
'comon guys' says biggs
'we cant get destracted, we have got to concentrate if we want to win'
the guys get back to warming up, then a mimi-van pulls up with the chicago earthquakes logo on the side.
'there here'
the earthquakes make their way onto the court and start practacing layups.
bigs looks over at the team
'theres max power one of the best 3point shooters of all time, rhino the toughest guy in the street legue and dunkem dave, a lean mean dunking machine'
'we have got one heck of a game in front of us '
joe the show jackson, steps out from talking with the audience and takes his place.
'welcome to the rigbies court chicago'
the crown starts to clap and cheer.
' players take your positions '
the two teams get ready in their positions.
rhino comes up to bigs, stares him straight in the eye
' your going down '
then rhino pushes bigs.
'what you not gonna do anything about it?'
bigs calmly says
' will settle this on the court'
' ok bigs if you can back it, bring it'
joe the show puts his mega phone to his mouth.
' lets get this show on the road, its time to PLAY BALL'
joe throws the ball up in the air, stretch and max jump for it, stretch hits it down to DJ .
joe the show who is now on the sideline, starts his comentry.
dj has the ball he runs down the line, he puts in through the legs and around the back,he goes past dunkem dave, hes in the box and he dunks it for 2 points.
max passes it out to rhino from the backline, he dribbles it down, bigs goes for the steal but is pushed down by rhino who runs on laughing. bigs is up and is charging at rhino.
rhino passes passes the ball moments before being knocked down by bigs.
' hey man, you told me to bring it'
dave recieves the pass from rhino and passes it on to max. dave runs to the hoop, max throws it up and dave ALLEY OOPS IT.
the match goes on with dunks after dunks and plenty of 3pointers, the game is now tied at 19-19, the next basket wins the gme.
dj passes it out to to stretch. stretch runs along, suddenly rhino smashes into stretch, knocking him down on his back.
' ow my back'
' you ok man ?' asks dj
' no ive only just recovered from a serious back injury, i cant keep on playing'
bigs calls a time out, so they can find a new player.
joe comes up to them
' ok you have 5min tofind a replacement player, otherwise you will forfit the game'
the team look around and discuss what to do.
dj gets an idea.
' hey guys why dont we get michael jordan to play, hes just over there'
' why would he help us dj?'
' you saw space jam didnt you bigs, well he helped out the loony tunes in a match, so he would help us'
they go over to the crowd to ask him.
'where is he, hes not here?'
'ok we need someone else and we need them fast'
' i got it, joe will you play for us?' asks bigs.
a confused joe says
' im not a basket ball player, i cant help'
'but joe all we need is one basket'
'ok guys ill do it'
'right joe if you get the ball pass it to dj ok, lets play'
bigs passes out to joe, who dribbles around max, rhino charges at him, joe passes to dj
'im going for the dunk'
dj looks ahead and sees dave in the box.
'ive got an idea guys, dont blame me if i goof this'
he runs up to the free throw line, jumps up and performs a almost impsossible 360 winmill, flies over daves head and smashes it in. he jumps down to celibrate with his team mates.
rhino turns to dj
'thais aint over, you may of won today,but will meet again.'
then michael jorden comes onto the court.
'hey guys, great game'
'how would you know, you wernt watching' says bigs.
'i was but near the end i had an important call to make, dj your one of the best players that i have seen in a long time, the bulls sent me down here to scout a new player and we want you to be that player, what do you say?'
' you want me to play for the chicago bulls!!!' says a shocked dj
'yeah'
'im sorry, i really want to play professionaly but this is where i belong, in the street legue with the new york thunders'
'are you shore dj' questions jordan
yeah, im shore but thanks anyway man'
'well ive got to go, i know you guys are going to be big, see you round' michael jorden walks off into the distance and so does djs chance to play in the nba.
the team gets into the cab and drive off.
'so dj, where to next'
'were off to florida'

by chris douch

I have also created logos for the two teams which you can see at:

www.geocities.com/ chris_cdouch/log.gif

thanks for reading
:)
Sun 17/06/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I cant wait until the release of nba street so I have written a short story about it.
Enjoy…

A street basketball team called new york thunder are traveling to their next game in Chicago.
'hey DJ, we there yet?'
'no stretch mon,dis cabs not wat it used to be'
'DJ why did you become a cab driver instead of being a basketball star?'
'yeah whats your story' adds bigs
'well guys, i come from a poor jamacian family, my mum, she wanted me to have chance in life so she sent me to my uncle mikeys crib in newyork . i needed some cash so i took up driving this cab but thats just in the night, so i can play ball all day and practice my sweet dunks.'
' when did you slam your first dunk again' asks stretch
' i was 11, back on da courts in jamacia when i made my first dunk in a 10foot hoop'
'wow man' says an amazed stretch.
the team arrive at the rigby street court, chicago.
'were here dudes' shouts DJ.
they get out of the cab and start warming up as they prepare for their match against the chicago earthquakes.
stretch looks around at the crowd thats begining to form. as hes looking he spots something.
'hey guys come look at dis.'
they look over into the crowd and see none other than michael jorden.
Dj turns back to the team
'i cant believe this, michael jorden da best basketball player of all time, has come to watch our match, dis is da bomb man'
'comon guys' says biggs
'we cant get destracted, we have got to concentrate if we want to win'
the guys get back to warming up, then a mimi-van pulls up with the chicago earthquakes logo on the side.
'there here'
the earthquakes make their way onto the court and start practacing layups.
bigs looks over at the team
'theres max power one of the best 3point shooters of all time, rhino the toughest guy in the street legue and dunkem dave, a lean mean dunking machine'
'we have got one heck of a game in front of us '
joe the show jackson, steps out from talking with the audience and takes his place.
'welcome to the rigbies court chicago'
the crown starts to clap and cheer.
' players take your positions '
the two teams get ready in their positions.
rhino comes up to bigs, stares him straight in the eye
' your going down '
then rhino pushes bigs.
'what you not gonna do anything about it?'
bigs calmly says
' will settle this on the court'
' ok bigs if you can back it, bring it'
joe the show puts his mega phone to his mouth.
' lets get this show on the road, its time to PLAY BALL'
joe throws the ball up in the air, stretch and max jump for it, stretch hits it down to DJ .
joe the show who is now on the sideline, starts his comentry.
dj has the ball he runs down the line, he puts in through the legs and around the back,he goes past dunkem dave, hes in the box and he dunks it for 2 points.
max passes it out to rhino from the backline, he dribbles it down, bigs goes for the steal but is pushed down by rhino who runs on laughing. bigs is up and is charging at rhino.
rhino passes passes the ball moments before being knocked down by bigs.
' hey man, you told me to bring it'
dave recieves the pass from rhino and passes it on to max. dave runs to the hoop, max throws it up and dave ALLEY OOPS IT.
the match goes on with dunks after dunks and plenty of 3pointers, the game is now tied at 19-19, the next basket wins the gme.
dj passes it out to to stretch. stretch runs along, suddenly rhino smashes into stretch, knocking him down on his back.
' ow my back'
' you ok man ?' asks dj
' no ive only just recovered from a serious back injury, i cant keep on playing'
bigs calls a time out, so they can find a new player.
joe comes up to them
' ok you have 5min tofind a replacement player, otherwise you will forfit the game'
the team look around and discuss what to do.
dj gets an idea.
' hey guys why dont we get michael jordan to play, hes just over there'
' why would he help us dj?'
' you saw space jam didnt you bigs, well he helped out the loony tunes in a match, so he would help us'
they go over to the crowd to ask him.
'where is he, hes not here?'
'ok we need someone else and we need them fast'
' i got it, joe will you play for us?' asks bigs.
a confused joe says
' im not a basket ball player, i cant help'
'but joe all we need is one basket'
'ok guys ill do it'
'right joe if you get the ball pass it to dj ok, lets play'
bigs passes out to joe, who dribbles around max, rhino charges at him, joe passes to dj
'im going for the dunk'
dj looks ahead and sees dave in the box.
'ive got an idea guys, dont blame me if i goof this'
he runs up to the free throw line, jumps up and performs a almost impsossible 360 winmill, flies over daves head and smashes it in. he jumps down to celibrate with his team mates.
rhino turns to dj
'thais aint over, you may of won today,but will meet again.'
then michael jorden comes onto the court.
'hey guys, great game'
'how would you know, you wernt watching' says bigs.
'i was but near the end i had an important call to make, dj your one of the best players that i have seen in a long time, the bulls sent me down here to scout a new player and we want you to be that player, what do you say?'
' you want me to play for the chicago bulls!!!' says a shocked dj
'yeah'
'im sorry, i really want to play professionaly but this is where i belong, in the street legue with the new york thunders'
'are you shore dj' questions jordan
yeah, im shore but thanks anyway man'
'well ive got to go, i know you guys are going to be big, see you round' michael jorden walks off into the distance and so does djs chance to play in the nba.
the team gets into the cab and drive off.
'so dj, where to next'
'were off to florida'

by chris douch

I have also created logos for the two teams which you can see at:

www.geocities.com/ chris_cdouch/log.gif

thanks for reading
:)
Sun 17/06/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
the address in the bottem has a space in it as i couldnt put it on in full because it was to long or something so if you want to look as the pictures just take out the space between:

/ and cdouch
Mon 18/06/01 at 19:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
what does every one think?
has any one read it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.