GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat'.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:54
Regular
When is this out?
Donkey Konga doesn't appeal to me, but this looks great fun.
WHEN?
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:32
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> By hitting the left bongo to run left... the right one to run right...
> clap to jump... or hit both to jump...
>
> Things like that. Sounds clever.

Hit both to jump and clap to punch.

Kapow.
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:31
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I take it your friends are fanboys? My mates are casual gamers and
> play on whatever.
>
> You can use the controller to bongo just as you can use a controller
> for dance games... not as fun though.

There's no fun in Donkey Konga if you can't use the bongo's, it's like using a controller to play a game requiring a dance mat really (actaully taht is what it is).

And they're Casual Fanboys really, well, most of them, one isn't so casual, he's sort of, odd, he wanted a GC till he got a PS2, tehn he insisted the PS2 was better, but o[penly admits that he'd like teh GC more if he had one (:S).

The others don't know all that much about games - they know when major big games are coming out, but they wouldn't check the net to see when good, fun games are coming out.
Tue 07/09/04 at 11:37
Regular
By hitting the left bongo to run left... the right one to run right... clap to jump... or hit both to jump...

Things like that. Sounds clever.
Tue 07/09/04 at 00:47
Regular
How do you play a platform game with bongos?
Tue 07/09/04 at 00:41
Regular
I take it your friends are fanboys? My mates are casual gamers and play on whatever.

You can use the controller to bongo just as you can use a controller for dance games... not as fun though.
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:12
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Nope you don't... just 3 further controllers.

Oh, how does that work then? I'd have thought everyone would need bongos for it.

> And some of my friends thing the cube is crap, they still play on it
> with me.

Well, one of my mates isn't so bad, he'll play games like Burnout, Timesplitters and Bomberman, but hates the Nintendo games like Smash Bros and Mario Kart (which I don't think is all that goodeither), but, on the other end of the scale I have a mate who is twisted (and he was originally going to get a GC, but his mum bougth him a PS2) and he won't play me at TS2 on it because it's not as good as the PS2 version.
Apparantly.

Otherwise most people just won't play it.
Moo.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Plate of glue"
munn wrote:
> Unfortunately for me, all of my mates are retarded, and think the GC
> is crap,

Same here. The seem to not understand that there is more to life then Racing and Shoot 'em up games.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:17
Regular
Nope you don't... just 3 further controllers.

And some of my friends thing the cube is crap, they still play on it with me.
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:22
Regular
Unfortunately for me, all of my mates are retarded, and think the GC is crap, and won't you need more than opne set of bongos for Konga multiplayer?
Sun 05/09/04 at 23:56
Regular
Comes out for Christmas in the states? Damn.

As a single player experience I'd imagine Jungle Beat weighs supreme over Konga.

But for a top quality multiplayer... can't go wrong with Konga.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.