GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone play Halo online?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 09/09/04 at 08:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I do, and I swear I've seen some usernames from here running about online. Not the best port, and sniping is practically impossible because of the lag, but I be challenging thee, cyaaaaaaaar!
Mon 13/09/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
heh thats what all anti cheat programs should do :) ive been kicked for having an "erroneous name" from COD though. Some servers have really strict security programs. Name is normally ^Bane witht he ^ being blue and the Bane being black. Somehow that is not acceptable to some people :\
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've been on some game with some great cheater protection software, on one occasion on Day of Defeat once someone had a message pop up automatically with their name saying "Hi, I'm 'n00bK11lah' and I'm using Aimbot" or something like that. Hilarious stuff, it humiliated them before kicking them.
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
in the thousands of games ive played ive only ever seen one person cheating and that was an aimbot in CoD, they were kicked and banned from the server.

I play on dedicated multiplay ones though, so faster and more security to stop hackers. You still get TKers though. Bloody kids
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've heard there's been a huge surge of newbie players and cheater to the online game, I don't know if that's true but it wouldn't surprise me considering Halo's popularity with certain gamers.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
I play it at the LAN events (playing on online servers via the 100mbit internet connection they have) and ping of 5 or so and i can snipe easily.

Good fun game online with lots of other players.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have the demo, also. I haven't been on in months but if I do I'll call myself RoJ so if any of you see me you'll recognise me.
Sat 11/09/04 at 02:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've seen Halo for £10. Not a bad price for, Not a bad game. It's certainly no classic, repetitive single player game that's only really hampered by crappy interior level design and lack of variety in the gung-ho mechanics, while the multiplayer game pales in comparison to UT2004. Still, for a tenner it's worth a look.
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have the demo.

Not bothered enough to get the full game, unless I see it really cheap. Halo 2 soon anyway. Why don't you covertly give some of us your Live name?
Thu 09/09/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Sometimes it's a bit laggy, and I wouldn't go anywhere near a server with less than 512, but it's alright for rocket-launcher assaults!
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:04
Regular
I haven't gone back to it for ages - I had a really bad lag experience which kind of annoyed me, considering I could play Xbox Halo online via XBConnect with virtually no lag at all.

I'm guessing that problem hasn't improved much then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.