GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live Pro Evo 4 ukchatforums League"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:04
Regular
I'm in, and will set this up :)

waiting on details of how this stuff will work, but even if there are friendlies, it wont be a problem.

I will set up an email address for posting results of games to etc, ect.

If Xbox Live supports in built leage stats tracking, then we'll use that, if not, I'll do it.

Each player would need to play one game every single week unless they have a really good reason, like being abroad.

Might consider setting an enrtry fee to put off people who are going to just muck around the fixtures, with a winner takes the prize money style event. That might need more trust than people are willing to give though.

Anyway, don't want anyone posting here saying they are in, just looking to find out if people would be interested.

I'll start taking people as definates once it's clear how the Live service works in the game.
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:04
Regular
I'm in, and will set this up :)

waiting on details of how this stuff will work, but even if there are friendlies, it wont be a problem.

I will set up an email address for posting results of games to etc, ect.

If Xbox Live supports in built leage stats tracking, then we'll use that, if not, I'll do it.

Each player would need to play one game every single week unless they have a really good reason, like being abroad.

Might consider setting an enrtry fee to put off people who are going to just muck around the fixtures, with a winner takes the prize money style event. That might need more trust than people are willing to give though.

Anyway, don't want anyone posting here saying they are in, just looking to find out if people would be interested.

I'll start taking people as definates once it's clear how the Live service works in the game.
Thu 09/09/04 at 15:30
"I love yo... lamp."
I'd be interested.

A few thoughts. Don't start a league until a couple of weeks after release, that gives people time to get the game, increasing the chance of them being able to take part.

Don't have a rigid fixture structure, where people are tied to a particular night. Let the players sort out the time themselves, as long as it is within a time frame of a week or so.

I'm not opposed to the money thing, but don't make it too much. A couple of quid each from a dozen people would get the winner a game probably. Seems fair to me.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:40
Regular
I wouldn't mind taking part in a tourny - but I'm not paying to do so.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:43
Regular
Yes, I'll do it. But there should be s special discount entry fee for students and OAPs.
Thu 09/09/04 at 23:53
Regular
Wouldn't have set days for fixtures, that wouldn't work. Just would try to make sure all of the games are played within a week. So, a game a week for the official league wouldn't be too hard to manage for everyone.

The money thing would only be to a total prize fund for the winner. If you don't want to pay, you cant win the money, wouldn't stop people taking part.

If anyone drops out all results and goals against/for them would be ruled invalid.

Point penalties for people not playing their games whithin the week they are supposed to, keeps it fair, but plenty of time to work out exact rules.
Fri 10/09/04 at 00:09
Regular
You going to be making a website for fixtures and tables then?
Fri 10/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Argh I completely forgot about my SRLive thingy!
Fri 10/09/04 at 12:58
Regular
I'd definetly be intrested me thinks. When's the release date of Pro Evo anyway?

Havne't played a football game for years, would definetly need a good 2 weeks play before I entered something like this. I used to ownage on ISS98 on N64, have only playted Pro Evo a couple of times though.
Fri 10/09/04 at 15:11
Regular
Dunno about a website, possibly, maybe just work it through the forums, or emails. Too lazy and too much uni work to spend time on maintaining a website.

Emmm, release date is sometime in November for the Xbox version.

If people want time to get used to it, we can delay the start of a league until after Christmas, that way my first semester uni exams and courseworks are out of the way :D I could manage a game a week if people wanted to start it earlier :D
Fri 10/09/04 at 15:15
Regular
So how will it work exactly? Will each player choose a team that they have to stick with, or can they choose a different team each match? If the former, will duplicate teams be allowed (I'd imagine more than one taking up England)?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.