GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what will happen to the playstation next?????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/01 at 18:30
Regular
you know how ps2 is 2 or 3 times more powerful than psx, well this is what i think will happen if sony release another 5 playstations.

ps3: reports of truancy have gone up as kids fake illness to play mgs4 on the ps3. new handheld version called ps4 announced.

ps4: sony put nintendo out of buisness as only 133 super super gameboy extremes are sold.

ps5: the year 2012 sees the release of ps5. the price of £500 is quite a bargain as the average price for a console is now £700. sells 500 million worldwide.

ps6: the first virtual reality set is released with sonys new console and a first case of a riot over the internet starts for the want of one of these babies.

ps7: sonys last console. the year is 2025 and this revoloutionary pocket sized console actually has the power to teleport you into the game. sales around the world skyrocket and it has been reported that everyone owns around 3 consoles each. good news for sony but bad news for hundereds as loved ones are lost in a giant battle to grab one of woolworths' 100 consoles.
Sun 17/06/01 at 22:44
What does it really matter, the only thing that is coming out of this is that games are going to get better.To the person that wants the PS1 and PS2 to die, are you an owner of any of the consoles, from reading what you have said I take it that you are. A little word of advise why buy the PS2 if you thougt the PS1 was crap. All i can say is things will get better
Sat 16/06/01 at 22:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Residentevilfan wrote:
> errrr!!!! there
> are already 4 MG games!:

Sonic

errrrrr
> well there's not 4 metal gear SOLID games are there and I've got the
> orginal for my NES, man it's hard.

I know that.. sorry, didn't make it clear what I was saying...

what iu was trying to get at was that there were already 4 successful games.. so why not 2 more?

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:54
Regular
"Back For Good"
errrr!!!! there
> are already 4 MG games!:

Sonic

errrrrr well there's not 4 metal gear SOLID games are there and I've got the orginal for my NES, man it's hard.
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The history of PSX and its future:

-PSX released YAY!
-endless crap games
-" " "
-one real good game

-N64 released YAY! A better console at last!

-more crap PSX games released
-" " "
-One classic
-One more
-More rubbish
-DC released YAY!

-endless sequels to crap games
-more rubbish
-another single classic

Then - - - - - - PS2 WOW-MORE PS GAMES! YAY!

-Rubbish games
-A few good games
-sequels,sequels,etc etc
-PC converts

-Then GC and X-Box released - At last ,something to knock logic back in to the Uk gaming public at large

PS3 - Oh god, not another one

-sequels et

And so on

My point is that the PSX now has no orginality, class of style anymore. All the PS2 games are either seuqels, PC converts or just plain rubbish based on tired formulas

Only a few classics emerge. Just die PSX like you should!
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
residentevilfan wrote:
> Just another reply to say to mick2k1 that there won't be a MGS4 or 3
> for that matter.

I watched bits on 4later a while ago and it had
> an interview with one of the people behind MGS and he said after
> MGS2 Hideo K wants to work on other projects but in years to come
> who knows.

Maybe but not for a long while sos.

errrr!!!! there are already 4 MG games!:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear solid
Metal gear solid 2

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
Just another reply to say to mick2k1 that there won't be a MGS4 or 3 for that matter.

I watched bits on 4later a while ago and it had an interview with one of the people behind MGS and he said after MGS2 Hideo K wants to work on other projects but in years to come who knows.

Maybe but not for a long while sos.
Sat 16/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
When we get the hard drive laddy boy down below dissing the PS2, While your still paying £30 for N64 games. I'll be downloading Nes,Snes,Mega Drive,Master system,GBA,N64,PS,Saturn,Dreamcast Roms for free to play on my PS2.

Bohyakasha
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I hope that the PS and PS2 die now.They have both played a part in
> the loss of creativity and inventiveness in new games.

Actually, they have opened mass market gaming, allowing bigger budget games to be made. There is the side effect that there are lots of poor games, but overall the informed gamers have a great choice of games

The only hope
> is that the Gamecube is a big success and that the X-box gets strong
> Sega support.The only games I'm looking forward to are the Saturn
> games on the PS and the DC games on the PS2 and the Bond games.

Saturn games on PS? Explain. DC games on PS2... get a DC! While PS2 owneres have just got Crazy taxi, DC owners have Crazy Taxi 2!

I
> hopefully will get both the GC and X-box and that there will be some
> good games on them.

And there will be good games on the PS2 and DC and even the Nuon!

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:09
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I hope that the PS and PS2 die now.They have both played a part in
> the loss of creativity and inventiveness in new games.The only hope
> is that the Gamecube is a big success and that the X-box gets strong
> Sega support.The only games I'm looking forward to are the Saturn
> games on the PS and the DC games on the PS2 and the Bond games.I
> hopefully will get both the GC and X-box and that there will be some
> good games on them.
Biggles

I think I'll answer that post with a: "MGS2!!!"

there's a reason why its a classic comeback!
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:07
"I love yo... lamp."
I hope that the PS and PS2 die now.They have both played a part in the loss of creativity and inventiveness in new games.The only hope is that the Gamecube is a big success and that the X-box gets strong Sega support.The only games I'm looking forward to are the Saturn games on the PS and the DC games on the PS2 and the Bond games.I hopefully will get both the GC and X-box and that there will be some good games on them.
Biggles

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.