GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"on-line gamming go ahead"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 23:05
Regular
Well it looks like the future of on-line gamming isn't to far away.

The Japanese are developing a network to allow users of PC's, Dreamcasts, PS2 and probably future consoles to connect on-line and play each other. But like everything the Japanese will get it first so Europe may not see anything like this for quite some time.
Plans are to test it in Japan then maybee U.S.A so we are in for a long wait. But who cares, as long as you've got friends to come round and play the games with you then the same thing can be achieved without all the costs.

I think before this is set up in Japan they are planning to test it out using arcade games. Not sure how exactly this will work, im guessing thay will just stick to trying it out with consoles and PC's.

I have to say though, on-line gamming dosn't really appeal to me or any of the people I have talked to about it, and with technology here (Compared to japan) we probably wont get the chance to use it for quite some time so why get excited now?? Why spen all the money for the hardware and connections when the same experience is available playing your mates or in most cases just challenging to game. Seems like a waste of money and maybee the developers should concentrate more on making the games better.
Tue 12/06/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Well it looks like the future of on-line gamming isn't to far away.

The Japanese are developing a network to allow users of PC's, Dreamcasts, PS2 and probably future consoles to connect on-line and play each other. But like everything the Japanese will get it first so Europe may not see anything like this for quite some time.
Plans are to test it in Japan then maybee U.S.A so we are in for a long wait. But who cares, as long as you've got friends to come round and play the games with you then the same thing can be achieved without all the costs.

I think before this is set up in Japan they are planning to test it out using arcade games. Not sure how exactly this will work, im guessing thay will just stick to trying it out with consoles and PC's.

I have to say though, on-line gamming dosn't really appeal to me or any of the people I have talked to about it, and with technology here (Compared to japan) we probably wont get the chance to use it for quite some time so why get excited now?? Why spen all the money for the hardware and connections when the same experience is available playing your mates or in most cases just challenging to game. Seems like a waste of money and maybee the developers should concentrate more on making the games better.
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:03
Regular
Aliboy wrote:
> But like everything the Japanese will get it first
> so Europe may not see anything like this for quite some time.

In fact we gamers are lucky as we get games only months after its release in Japan. There are other gadgets like mobile phones and cameras etc. that we'll never see here or maybe after 5 years or more. When it comes to technology Europe is nothing compared to the Japanese who are followed by the Americans. By the way is there any chance that we'll ever see a European based console like the way Xbox is American, when we'll be getting the games first.......... I don't think so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.