GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why cant pc be like a console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 19:32
Regular
i am sick of pc games crashing. you'd have thought that companys would have gotten past that problem. i dont see why someone doesnt build a new drive or something that will allow people to just put a game into the computer and play it straight off the cd. this would mean that you dont have to go through the install and it may be a bit better if you didnt have to download drivers for just about everything.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:32
i am sick of pc games crashing. you'd have thought that companys would have gotten past that problem. i dont see why someone doesnt build a new drive or something that will allow people to just put a game into the computer and play it straight off the cd. this would mean that you dont have to go through the install and it may be a bit better if you didnt have to download drivers for just about everything.
Wed 13/06/01 at 09:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, MS saw this proble, saw how big consoles are, and made the Xbox. Brilliant piece of engineering that. But it doesn't play PC games (thank god!)

Sonic
Wed 13/06/01 at 11:32
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
mick2k1 wrote:
> i am sick of pc games crashing.

What are you doing to your games man?

I havnt had a game crash on me for over 2 years!?

you'd have thought that companys
> would have gotten past that problem. i dont see why someone doesnt
> build a new drive or something that will allow people to just put a
> game into the computer and play it straight off the cd. this would
> mean that you dont have to go through the install and it

Because installing it, in the long run is better than playing it off the CD... not only because it will play MUCH faster...

Its rumored that the consoles addition of a HD will be used to install some titles purly for the quickler loading, animation play back, etc...

may be a
> bit better if you didnt have to download drivers for just about
> everything.

How often do you need to download drivers? ... once/twice a year? ... and even then it only takes 15-20 minutes to download a whole system set (modem/graphics card/etc...)
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:09
Even though a PC cannot provide the quick and easy way of loading games like a console, there many more advantages to a PC than a console.

If you think about it, if you wait a little for the PC and the game to load (which really isn't that long) you can clearly see the difference between a PC and a console. Games on the PC are a lot more playable than those of a console as you can chose a variety of controls. Specially strategy games where a mouse is really vital and most consoles as you know do not support a mouse. Also, you can use a joypad, joystick, wheel, and many other sorts of controls which you cant get for a console.

A PC has much better graphics than a console, even than a DC or PS, and instead of wasting your money buying a new console i would advise you to buy a new graphics card.

And if games on a PC crash, its because people stuff their computer with useless downloads and don't care much about it, so you end up with computer crashes every now and then. Clean up your hard drive and you'll see what a difference it makes, and maybe you might realise how much better a PC is than a console...
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
Why can't a PC be like a console? Well look at the name. PC - Personal Computer, NOT Games Console. Bearing in mind what they were originally created for, why do you think they can't be a games console?

Exactly...
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:17
Regular
I'm not going to warrant your silliness with my knowledge!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 16:51
It is right that pc are for work and stuff but i still dont know why you cant put a game in an it will play. the only reason you should be using a pc to play games is bcause its the only good way to play online and download patches etc
Thu 14/06/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Becuase one is a big thing with a monitor and stuff, and the other is a little box that sits nicely under the tv.

Simple really
Thu 14/06/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
mmm let me think. If a PC was a console it would be called a console and not a PC.
a bit like saying why cant a cat be like a dog. Coz they cant!
Thu 14/06/01 at 19:09
hmmm the prime use of f a pc is well...not gaming.so buy a consoelf ro games and a pc for work

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.