GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No PS2 version of Final Fantasy XI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Mabye itīs just me but i donīt think the the PS2 version of FF11 is comming to UK why? because UK donīt have a Hard Disk Japan and USA got it but not UK so i donīt think thereīs comming a PS2 version of FF11 to UK but you can buy FF11 in UK but only on PC anybody agree with me?
Sat 25/09/04 at 12:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I had A cards losing to C cards in FFIX, got to be more than that. Shouldn't have any at all anyway, if you have a card with 8 on it it should beat a five. Now i could understand the random elements to blitzball because no matter how good a striker is and how bad a keeper is eventually the keeper will be able to save one but as we're talking about cards here there should be nothing random about them.

Triple Triad > Tetra master
Sat 25/09/04 at 11:58
Regular
"Bicycle"
True, but it's still calculate-able, randomness only differs in 5 points (where A = 150-155) etc...
Sat 25/09/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You could choose your own cards on Triple Triad, the only time you couldn't is when you had the random rule selected which if you were unfortunate to have you just quickly got rid of it. Other than that you were always able to choose what cards you played with.

I'm talking about the game itself, got very frustrating in tetra master when you had a better card and because of the stupid randomness of each number you could lose when you shouldn't have done
Sat 25/09/04 at 10:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Er, yeah... but Triple Triad had an even bigger random element, lol. Not being able to choose your own cards was a bit of a handicap...
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Triple Triad was better, Tetra master ruined it with the random element, if i have a card that has an 8 on it going against a card valued at 5 my card should win. Blatant bloody maths
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
What?!?

Of course it has Tetra Master!

And it's the best minigame... Apart from maybe Chocobo racing and that skipping game.
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea it does!
Triple triad was better. I don't know if the english version has tetra master though?
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:04
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
FF11 has tetra master, no?
Fri 24/09/04 at 09:34
Regular
Well, yeah, I suppose it's no big deal if it's not widely supported - although Europe was always under the impression the HDD would arrive here, then Sony just dropped the idea. Fair enough, they never confirmed we'd get it, but they never said otherwise either - and it's understandable to assume it will arive seeing as it gets a release everywhere else.

Oh well.
Fri 24/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Here and there... I can only think of 3 games which use the HDD, none of which are recent and barring FFXI, none of them actually require it either.

Mine is used for FFXI and to store lots of memory card data.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.