GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 23:57
Regular
Just interested

what was the first ever game you played, and just incase we haven't heard of it what was it like??

Mine was Enduro on the Atari 2600 and you had a limited amount of time to overtake as many cars as the number at the top.
wasn't bad

what was yours?
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
Just interested

what was the first ever game you played, and just incase we haven't heard of it what was it like??

Mine was Enduro on the Atari 2600 and you had a limited amount of time to overtake as many cars as the number at the top.
wasn't bad

what was yours?
Mon 11/06/01 at 00:01
Regular
Mine was Lemmings on the Amiga. Load of crap now but in its day it was pritty cool.

The first game that really really made me feel good was mario kart on the snes. Its amazing that its still a great game to play in this day and age with all these high res graphic games.
Mon 11/06/01 at 00:13
Can't remember the first game i played as i was only about 3

but i think it was the donkey kong game where you were mario and yu at to save the princess
Mon 11/06/01 at 09:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
It was the old Starwars arcade game (the OLD one)... with its vector graphics, and straight line displays, you'd have to do the run down the deathstar (when your mates were with you, you coulkd never pick one of the easier levels!)

Sonic
Mon 11/06/01 at 09:48
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Pong fur me...

One Christmas back in the mid-late seventies, my father brought home a table version of pong (a horizontal cabinet) ... Great stuff! :)
Mon 11/06/01 at 10:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I cant remember the first game i played but it was one of the tape based games that took half an hour to load. The oldest game that i remember playing to bits was Bionic Commando for tha Amstrad. That was great.
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:06
Regular
"not dead"
I don't remember which game I first played, but I remember the first game that I ever saw.

It was River Raid for the Atari 2600.

I was over at a relatives house, my mother's cousins house, and the kids were playing this game.

I was amazed by it, and got an Atari for Xmas that year!
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:17
The first game I played was probably on the Commodore64, it was a USGold 6 game compilation pack with Thunderblade, Outrun, Bionic Commando, and three other games...I think I played Outrun first.
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:21
Mine was problably a racing game for the ZX81. My dad brought it home unexpectedly and we were amazed. We never we would ever have a computer in the house!

When we finally got the thing running, the game consisted of moving a small white block on a black background left and right. The road was made up of lots more white blocks moving very slowly. Man, that was exhilerating.

The second game we got for it was a space game where you had to dock your ship. This involved moving a small white square through a gap in a ring of small squares. Tedious yes, but still more fun than most of today's games, whose multiple save points make completion an inevitability rather than a challenge.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:22
Regular
Finders Keepers for the Zeddy Speccy!

Control a knight in shining armour through wierd things and over this and that, dodging a giant cat and collecting items as you go.

It's a good game!

Suprisingly from my description.

However I haven't played it for over 5 years so I can't remember it too well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.