GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 goes offline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
GT4 has sadly been made an offline only game. The online play option has been dropped from the game and the plan is now to have the next gran turismo game have online play.

Looks like the online play mode was dropped to allow a release in time for christmas, either that or there was major troubles getting the online mode playable.
Sat 23/10/04 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If this was Nintendo, people would be screaming even more....
Fri 22/10/04 at 21:01
Regular
I cannot believe that it got delayed. DAMNIT!
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I R HOOPSTA wrote:

> "The GT brand strives for perfection,

So where's the online option then Polyphony seeing as you're delaying it? What's that? It's not in still??

Perfection my ass
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
British drivers will have to wait till spring 2005 for Sony's leading PS2 racer but the US and Japan will still set off on time

You might be starting to think that it's the official name of the game: 'Gran Turismo 4 Delayed'. It's not, but just how many times have we seen those four words shunted together?

Hopefully this will be the last outing for that particular phrase because after all those on/off online problems, this time (hopefully) the delay should be a minor one.

Confirming the slip in a statement, Sony said: "The localisation of GT4 across the PAL territories is a huge undertaking because the product is localised into 13 different languages. Therefore the process takes considerably longer than it does in Japan.

"The GT brand strives for perfection, therefore we need to ensure that the localisation and testing of the product is done to the highest possible standard."

So with the official release date now set somewhere in the first three months of next year, Sony have a little more wiggle room to modify their masterpiece and then pick a firm time to finally unleash this behemoth. And you can be sure that we will name that date just as soon as we have it.

This was all copied from a website because im lazy.

:D
Tue 19/10/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Shane King"
Will we be able to play LAN enabled though ? I have two consoles and two network adapters because my consoles do not have the i.link sockets. My dream is for me and my son to play together over our 2-person LAN.
Fri 01/10/04 at 18:17
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
witch-king wrote:
> Killzone is delayed 2 months to tweak the online mode.

So? They've missed out clan support, the game's gonna stink.
Thu 30/09/04 at 12:33
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Itīs a bad desion if Capcom will do the same with RE: Outbreak File 2 then iīm gonna complain to Capcom
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:22
Regular
All I can do is laugh.

HAH
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Killzone is delayed 2 months to tweak the online mode.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:24
"Umbrella"
Is it just me, or is every game with Online Play, delyed amost everytime?
Now this is like when we heard the news on no Online Play in Resident Evil: Outbreak.
Only one things different, every part of the world dosenīt get Online Play in GT4.
Sure this is bad news, but the game will come soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.