GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of online games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
The future of mass market online games doesnt look to bright. To me the thought of buying a game for £40 then paying another unknown ( untill the phone bill comes ) exspense just to compleate the game doesnt sound entertaining to me.
Being a HUGE fan of RPG games, I am glad to hear that Final Fantasy X will not be an online game.
If it was i probably wouldnt buy it until i can get 100% free internet access and stay online for as long as i want with out being disconected.and without the feeling of knowing that the suits at square soft are sitting in a board room somewhere in japan laughing at me and fellow ff fans while are phone bills go through the roof.

And thats just one game!!

Just say that you have some shooting and action games which need the internet to be compleated.thats even more money!!!

but this online bonanza is not going to happen over night and at the speed BT and AOL get things moving, were not likely to se realistically priced online gaming for atleast 2 - 3 years maybe even more.
many people also own a dreamcast with online games like quake 3 and chu chu rocket and a pc .and i am one of these people.
so are we just susposed to pay 3 seperate internet charges???

One day people are just going to have enougth of game crperations ripping us of and they will stop buying till prices are resenable. but at the moment were like a puppet to them do what they say like what they like or a lump of clay that they hav moulded to do exactly what they say.

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The future of mass market online games doesnt look to bright. To me the thought of buying a game for £40 then paying another unknown ( untill the phone bill comes ) exspense just to compleate the game doesnt sound entertaining to me.
Being a HUGE fan of RPG games, I am glad to hear that Final Fantasy X will not be an online game.
If it was i probably wouldnt buy it until i can get 100% free internet access and stay online for as long as i want with out being disconected.and without the feeling of knowing that the suits at square soft are sitting in a board room somewhere in japan laughing at me and fellow ff fans while are phone bills go through the roof.

And thats just one game!!

Just say that you have some shooting and action games which need the internet to be compleated.thats even more money!!!

but this online bonanza is not going to happen over night and at the speed BT and AOL get things moving, were not likely to se realistically priced online gaming for atleast 2 - 3 years maybe even more.
many people also own a dreamcast with online games like quake 3 and chu chu rocket and a pc .and i am one of these people.
so are we just susposed to pay 3 seperate internet charges???

One day people are just going to have enougth of game crperations ripping us of and they will stop buying till prices are resenable. but at the moment were like a puppet to them do what they say like what they like or a lump of clay that they hav moulded to do exactly what they say.

Sun 10/06/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Most ISP's charge a montly fee and then its free calls all the time or at off peak time. FFX wouldnt be online at all as its released July 19th(Japan) and there is no internet avaiable for PS2 so they would really be shooting themselves in the feet if they released it as online only. FFXI will be online as by the time that is released most of PS2 owners worldwide will be connected to the internet either by the phone line or broadband.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.