GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve is closed! What about Gameaday?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 12:39
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Just when I was feeling lucky and having a great time in the forums, the company suddenly closed down.

I can't believe my luck and what a shame too.

SR and Gameaday had great stuff going their way. Shame everything is over.

Wel anyway,l thanks to the staff. Gameaday was a lot of fun. I had high hopes for my review but still wanna say; you guys giving almost £150,000 in prizes so far truly put you in the top spot.

Peace
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:24
Regular
"0228"
Smedlos wrote:
> I can go away knowing that I have probably the only 100% record on
> Game A Day - 1 review and 1 win for it.

But technically all of your posts on the forums count as GAD entries too so really you don't have anywhere near a 100% record.
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Well I never got a GAD, *sighs*, but I suppose thats what you call "sods law"!!
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
But smedlos - you jined the company. You told the staff members to go on the dole or something - and now they have to.

A case of "Be careful what you wish for..."
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I can go away knowing that I have probably the only 100% record on Game A Day - 1 review and 1 win for it.
Thu 17/11/05 at 17:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Swanneh wrote:
> May aswell reply,
> contacted my bank and explained the situation, informed them that
> money was debited for something that wasnt even available. Was told
> to contact the visa department, they seem quite confident i could get
> it back.
>
> Worth a shot for other people if you are concerned!

If you paid by credit card, it's very likely you'll be protected and get your money back. If you paid by cheque or direct debit, you could well be in trouble.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I guess it's goodbye to Special Reserve. Quite a shame that I've only just started using the forums again after quite a break. I had a feeling that this would happen, which came about when the Egham store was closed a fair few months back.

RIP, and thanks for the Gameaday wins. Especially Age of Empires III, which arrived last week; more than a year and a half after it was the last prize I claimed as a preorder I'd have to wait some time for.

How much longer are the forums etc going to be around for, I wonder? I want to be able keep talking crap on the forums and look at my 1,686 cheats and laugh at how sad I am for a bit longer!
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:37
Regular
".,.,"
May aswell reply,
contacted my bank and explained the situation, informed them that money was debited for something that wasnt even available. Was told to contact the visa department, they seem quite confident i could get it back.

Worth a shot for other people if you are concerned!
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:33
Regular
"You have a choice"
[URL]http://gameaday.co.uk[/URL]

It's official.
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:07
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Luckily I've never had a problem with SR. Just bought one thing - my membership.

It's been a sad day for me as this was my favourite website and I may have to find a new forum to join if this one closes down.
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:01
Regular
Yes it's likely you've lost all your money (or not I'm not sure), I'm suprised there arent more worried customers, all I've seen are people upset about not getting their GADs, well not upset but "oh fudge, I wish I hadnt promised my nephew he could have any game he wanted for christmas now"

heh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.