GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's too painful..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/11/05 at 22:25
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.freewebs.com/jimmargh/index.htm[/URL]

There were requests in other parts of the forum to set up another mini site to showcase the stories incase the forums do suddenly disappear. I've tried to help out.

Above is a link to a crappy freewebs site where I've dumped quite a few stories already. There are a few problems though.

1) There is no way on this Earth that I'll fit all of the stories onto that one site without paying
2) It takes absolutely ages to do
3) I'm dying of boredom
4) I've got huge lists of stories from cool boy and crossbob to do next
5) The site's address is crap (I already had the account and didn't feel like making a new one)

But, other than that it's OK. So, what I really want to know is if you think there;s any point in me continuing? I'll do it if there's any support but it'll take a few days and I may resort to putting the stories across two websites. This isn't a great idea though because it will mean it'll be impossible to update the pages for users with names in the first half of the alphabet due to a lack of space.

Paying for a site with unlimited space seems the most sensible plan but that involves giving away money. I don't particularly want to have to do that.

So, ideas?
Thu 17/11/05 at 10:53
Regular
"Catch it!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> That's pretty much what I meant, but I phrased it like a brain-dead
> Crossbob.

:(
Thu 17/11/05 at 08:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Yes but when you are all famous writers I would be able to say "Hey look - this is how they used to write". Except, of course, any books published would have to under your user name so that I could recognise them :)

There are some gems in amongst the list that I really like and so much effort put into them that it would be a shame if they were lost forever.
Thu 17/11/05 at 00:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
To be honest, I'm not that bothered. I'm always tempted by the idea of a clean slate, so to speak. I mean, who will genuinely go back and read them?
Wed 16/11/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You got further with yours then I got with mine. I kept being side tracked by speed reading some of the stories and all the feedbacks :D

What you need is a site that offers unlimited free web space.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:55
Regular
"0228"
I'll just abandon my little website project then. It's not really worth the effort.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
That's pretty much what I meant, but I phrased it like a brain-dead Crossbob.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:51
Regular
"0228"
Most cunning Seņor Hedfix. Tis a good idea for sure.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:49
Regular
"8==="
Get everyone to move their own ones.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:30
Regular
"0228"
I don't see how that solves the problem of moving all the stories.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Just post on the new SR place

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.