GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 35-The crows in the woods"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/11/05 at 00:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
If you stand in the woods and look at the tree with the X mark on it, you will see the crow. At the top of it, he sits there with his eyes staring sharp at you. His beak grey, so sharp it could peck your eyes out. His wings so large, they make such a loud noise when he flies . He is the boss of the crows and the boss of the woods. The squawk of him is very loud too, when he calls his army of crows to attack.

A normal day for me. I walk out the house and started on my way to school. Every day I walk though the woods and see evil Mr Crow. Well he’s not really evil. Just the way he looks at me when I walk into the woods. He is always in that tree watching, waiting for something.

So I walk down the long road and walk into the woods. I see the crow sitting there. He is waiting but I don’t know what it is for. Is it for another crow? His eyes are staring at me. To me they look red. It looks like blood is on his beak.

I turn my back to the crow, but then all of a sudden the crow swoops over my head. I try to hit him away but he is too quick. I start running. He is following me. Then I stop. I go and hide. The woods are quiet. I hear no noise. There’s nothing. I just stay behind the tree that I am hiding behind.

But then I hear the squawking. The madness of the crow. He is calling the other crows. Calling them to attack. I start running. I hear wings flapping behind me. They are coming. They are coming to attack. They are coming to kill!

One flaps in front of me, and tries to peck me but I dodge out the way. I grab a log from the floor and grip it tightly in my hand. These crows aren’t going to get me. I start running. Crows gather behind me. I spin round and smack one of the crows with my stick. He goes flying and smashes to the ground.

I’m nearly out the woods. I jump over a fence and on to the ground. I stop and look back. The Crows have stopped. They are just sitting in the trees waiting. Waiting for me and they look mad. I throw my big stick at one of the crows but he flies out of the way.

I walk down to school and go through the gates. First lesson English. As I sit in English, I can hear squawking. The squawking of the crows. I look out of the window. Sitting on a tree outside is one of the crows. I feel quite scared like my heart has gone down to my stomach. A bunch of crows are following me and want to kill me.

At the end of English I feel very scared still. Second lesson was IT. I walk into the classroom and sit down at my computer. As I turn it on I get the fright of my life. A crow flies across the screen what is happening? I jump up and run out the classroom. A teacher came running. Up behind me. “What’s the matter Michael?” asked the teacher.

I couldn’t really tell him. That crows were chasing after me. And wanted to kill me. I had to tell him something else. “Ermmmmm I was feeling ill sir. Thought I was going to be sick” I answered. “Ok then. Well are you feeling better now to come in?” he asked. “Yeah course Sir” I answered.

I walk down the corridor. I walk into the room. People were crowed round, my computer but why? I walked over to my computer. And looked at the screen. But then I was more frightened then the last time. Everyone walked away. From my computer. I just kept staring, at the screen feeling so scared. It showed me lying. There in the woods dead. My eyes, were pecked out. And my chest pecked open no heart. Crows walked over me. Still pecking at me. Then my stomach was pecked open. I rn over, and try to turn off the computer.

But then I look. The computer wasn’t on what was happening? I grab a chair. And smash it on the screen. The screen started to go fizzy. I smashed it again. But then I saw the crow. Walking in the woods. On the screen it was walking towards the screen.

It sped then it stopped. It just started. At me with its red eyes. It’s sharp beak. It flapped it’s big wings. I thought it was going to fly out. I just threw the chair again. And it smashed the computer to the ground. I ran out the classroom. And ran down the stairs. I ran to the caretakers room I remembered, something about him. He had a gun before when this mad man. Came into the school, before with a knife.

I ran to the caretaker. Telling him all about the crows. He gave me the gun and some more bullets. Yes, I did know how to use a gun. I ran out the school. And walked towards the woods. A was still perched. On top of a lamp post. I thought it, was going to fly at me. But it just stared. But then it started. Squawking I ran for it. Down the road. I ran then came to the woods and stops.

The woods were silent. No sound, just the wind blowing at the trees. I climb through the fence. Into the woods. The crow from the lamppost. Landed behind me. And started squawking again. I hit it with my bag. It went flying. Through the air. Feathers flew from it. It smashed to the hard ground. I walked further into the woods. No crows around, right now.

The trees still blew side to side. The leaves crunched around my feet. And the wind blew through my hair. I could feel some thing in the woods. I knew there were crows watching me. There sharp eyes staring at me. I still held the gun. Tightly in my hand. Waiting for the squawking then I saw it. A crow sped towards me. I got the gun. Ready holding it at the crow. It ran at my foot. And pecked it. I kicked the crow, and it flew backwards. I ran further. In the woods. Nearly at the end. And I had, only walked into two crows yet. I got to the end. I walked on to the road I was near my home.

As I walked. Down the road. I heard flapping. The crows were coming. I span round and walked backwards. Shooting crows as I walked backwards. One crow exploded. As a bullet hit it. I turned round, and started running forwards again.

I got to my house and ran straight in. I slammed the door. As the crows flew towards it. I heard a smash. And a crow came flying through the glass. Of the door. I shot up at it. And it dropped to the floor. I ran to the shed. Grabbing piece’s of wood and nails. My mum was out for the week. So I had no one to help me. I ran to the front door. And put a piece of wood. Over the hole where the crow had smashed through.

There were still crows flapping about outside. I ran upstairs. And ran into my room. I sat there. Waiting for crows. To fly to my window. And then I would blow them to bits. I got into my bed. I needed some sleep. And maybe when I woke it would all just be a dream.

I lay there in my bed. Thinking, waiting just thinking the most. Thinking was I going to die? That night I woke. With a bang at my window. I jumped up. A crow was at my window. Pecking it, I got my gun ready. And held my finger on the trigger. Thinking it was going to attack me. But then I heard. Walking coming up the stairs. “Hello anyone there” I shouted. Then I heard the squawking. It was in the house. It was coming up the stairs. It was getting closer. It was going to get me, it was coming.

Then it stopped. It stood at the top. Of the stairs. Then I got the fright of my life. Yes much bigger then all the other times. A giant crow all the other crows had joined up. And turned into this one giant crow. I shot at it and the bullet flew into the front of it. But the giant crow just flew at me. It tried to peck me. But I dodge out the way.

Everything was slow as I jumped to the side. As I flew through the air. I shot the bullet at it. The bullet froze before it hit it. Then the Bullet flew into the giant crow.

The crow ran at me and tried to peck me. But I dodged out the way. I ran pass the crow. But it grabbed with its sharp beak. I tried to pull myself away. But I couldn’t. He had a tight grip on me. I held my gun back and held it at the crows head. This crow had to die now. I pulled the trigger everything went slow. The room span. I dropped to the ground then everything froze once again. The bullet flew through the crows head. Blood flew. The crow dropped to the floor. And then dissolved away. Feathers covered the floor. The crows were dead that were after me and I felt happy. But the feathers in my room what a mess.
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:08
Regular
"Catch it!"
Thank you :D That's why I entered it so late yesterday. Because I was spending very long on it. But this story was one from a little while ago. And yes I know caretakers don't just give guns to kids. So I will stop with the slow-mo and the other things in my new stories now. But thanks for nice feedback :)
Wed 16/11/05 at 15:07
"period drama"
Well, probably your best story so far, I enjoyed most of it.
Nice to see you putting some actual work in to it, and it shows.

You do need to tighten up your editing though ... stuff like the caretaker just giving you the gun, the slow-mo (although wonderful old-school, just doesn't fit) and the last line was rather childish.

Otherwise, one to be proud of bob.
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:01
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Have you ever seen the film "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock?

Okay, I can see you've tried to clean up the punctuation, and the short, snappy sentences work better, although you've gone too far with the full stops in some places.

The story is... I'm not sure what to say. It made me laugh towards the end - the giant crow coming up the stairs! Crazy CrossBob.
Wed 16/11/05 at 00:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
If you stand in the woods and look at the tree with the X mark on it, you will see the crow. At the top of it, he sits there with his eyes staring sharp at you. His beak grey, so sharp it could peck your eyes out. His wings so large, they make such a loud noise when he flies . He is the boss of the crows and the boss of the woods. The squawk of him is very loud too, when he calls his army of crows to attack.

A normal day for me. I walk out the house and started on my way to school. Every day I walk though the woods and see evil Mr Crow. Well he’s not really evil. Just the way he looks at me when I walk into the woods. He is always in that tree watching, waiting for something.

So I walk down the long road and walk into the woods. I see the crow sitting there. He is waiting but I don’t know what it is for. Is it for another crow? His eyes are staring at me. To me they look red. It looks like blood is on his beak.

I turn my back to the crow, but then all of a sudden the crow swoops over my head. I try to hit him away but he is too quick. I start running. He is following me. Then I stop. I go and hide. The woods are quiet. I hear no noise. There’s nothing. I just stay behind the tree that I am hiding behind.

But then I hear the squawking. The madness of the crow. He is calling the other crows. Calling them to attack. I start running. I hear wings flapping behind me. They are coming. They are coming to attack. They are coming to kill!

One flaps in front of me, and tries to peck me but I dodge out the way. I grab a log from the floor and grip it tightly in my hand. These crows aren’t going to get me. I start running. Crows gather behind me. I spin round and smack one of the crows with my stick. He goes flying and smashes to the ground.

I’m nearly out the woods. I jump over a fence and on to the ground. I stop and look back. The Crows have stopped. They are just sitting in the trees waiting. Waiting for me and they look mad. I throw my big stick at one of the crows but he flies out of the way.

I walk down to school and go through the gates. First lesson English. As I sit in English, I can hear squawking. The squawking of the crows. I look out of the window. Sitting on a tree outside is one of the crows. I feel quite scared like my heart has gone down to my stomach. A bunch of crows are following me and want to kill me.

At the end of English I feel very scared still. Second lesson was IT. I walk into the classroom and sit down at my computer. As I turn it on I get the fright of my life. A crow flies across the screen what is happening? I jump up and run out the classroom. A teacher came running. Up behind me. “What’s the matter Michael?” asked the teacher.

I couldn’t really tell him. That crows were chasing after me. And wanted to kill me. I had to tell him something else. “Ermmmmm I was feeling ill sir. Thought I was going to be sick” I answered. “Ok then. Well are you feeling better now to come in?” he asked. “Yeah course Sir” I answered.

I walk down the corridor. I walk into the room. People were crowed round, my computer but why? I walked over to my computer. And looked at the screen. But then I was more frightened then the last time. Everyone walked away. From my computer. I just kept staring, at the screen feeling so scared. It showed me lying. There in the woods dead. My eyes, were pecked out. And my chest pecked open no heart. Crows walked over me. Still pecking at me. Then my stomach was pecked open. I rn over, and try to turn off the computer.

But then I look. The computer wasn’t on what was happening? I grab a chair. And smash it on the screen. The screen started to go fizzy. I smashed it again. But then I saw the crow. Walking in the woods. On the screen it was walking towards the screen.

It sped then it stopped. It just started. At me with its red eyes. It’s sharp beak. It flapped it’s big wings. I thought it was going to fly out. I just threw the chair again. And it smashed the computer to the ground. I ran out the classroom. And ran down the stairs. I ran to the caretakers room I remembered, something about him. He had a gun before when this mad man. Came into the school, before with a knife.

I ran to the caretaker. Telling him all about the crows. He gave me the gun and some more bullets. Yes, I did know how to use a gun. I ran out the school. And walked towards the woods. A was still perched. On top of a lamp post. I thought it, was going to fly at me. But it just stared. But then it started. Squawking I ran for it. Down the road. I ran then came to the woods and stops.

The woods were silent. No sound, just the wind blowing at the trees. I climb through the fence. Into the woods. The crow from the lamppost. Landed behind me. And started squawking again. I hit it with my bag. It went flying. Through the air. Feathers flew from it. It smashed to the hard ground. I walked further into the woods. No crows around, right now.

The trees still blew side to side. The leaves crunched around my feet. And the wind blew through my hair. I could feel some thing in the woods. I knew there were crows watching me. There sharp eyes staring at me. I still held the gun. Tightly in my hand. Waiting for the squawking then I saw it. A crow sped towards me. I got the gun. Ready holding it at the crow. It ran at my foot. And pecked it. I kicked the crow, and it flew backwards. I ran further. In the woods. Nearly at the end. And I had, only walked into two crows yet. I got to the end. I walked on to the road I was near my home.

As I walked. Down the road. I heard flapping. The crows were coming. I span round and walked backwards. Shooting crows as I walked backwards. One crow exploded. As a bullet hit it. I turned round, and started running forwards again.

I got to my house and ran straight in. I slammed the door. As the crows flew towards it. I heard a smash. And a crow came flying through the glass. Of the door. I shot up at it. And it dropped to the floor. I ran to the shed. Grabbing piece’s of wood and nails. My mum was out for the week. So I had no one to help me. I ran to the front door. And put a piece of wood. Over the hole where the crow had smashed through.

There were still crows flapping about outside. I ran upstairs. And ran into my room. I sat there. Waiting for crows. To fly to my window. And then I would blow them to bits. I got into my bed. I needed some sleep. And maybe when I woke it would all just be a dream.

I lay there in my bed. Thinking, waiting just thinking the most. Thinking was I going to die? That night I woke. With a bang at my window. I jumped up. A crow was at my window. Pecking it, I got my gun ready. And held my finger on the trigger. Thinking it was going to attack me. But then I heard. Walking coming up the stairs. “Hello anyone there” I shouted. Then I heard the squawking. It was in the house. It was coming up the stairs. It was getting closer. It was going to get me, it was coming.

Then it stopped. It stood at the top. Of the stairs. Then I got the fright of my life. Yes much bigger then all the other times. A giant crow all the other crows had joined up. And turned into this one giant crow. I shot at it and the bullet flew into the front of it. But the giant crow just flew at me. It tried to peck me. But I dodge out the way.

Everything was slow as I jumped to the side. As I flew through the air. I shot the bullet at it. The bullet froze before it hit it. Then the Bullet flew into the giant crow.

The crow ran at me and tried to peck me. But I dodged out the way. I ran pass the crow. But it grabbed with its sharp beak. I tried to pull myself away. But I couldn’t. He had a tight grip on me. I held my gun back and held it at the crows head. This crow had to die now. I pulled the trigger everything went slow. The room span. I dropped to the ground then everything froze once again. The bullet flew through the crows head. Blood flew. The crow dropped to the floor. And then dissolved away. Feathers covered the floor. The crows were dead that were after me and I felt happy. But the feathers in my room what a mess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.