GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Out of interest..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/11/05 at 03:45
Regular
"8==="
...if you go over your monthly download limit: what are the extra charges like?

I think I've a 60GB limit now so it's not very likely, just wondering.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:55
Regular
"serenity now!"
I was with BT for about 6 months, and while I'm not sure exactly what the limit was (1 GB per day?) I undoubtedly went over it on a very regular basis and was never charged. Ditto for NTL, though that was a couple of years ago.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:51
Regular
"..."
Legally, they can't actually charge you anything. The current requirement is that to charge you for going 'over' your limit, they have to have made you aware prior to exceeding your limit, that you're in danger of doing so.
Hence why they're currently busy trying to write some software which will show you, in real-time, exactly how much you have used. Until they get that running, feel free to go over your limit every single month, by how ever much you like and ignore the letters they send you. I have about a years worth of letters now and still no overcharges.
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:04
Regular
"8==="
Cool, nice to know.
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:01
Regular
You're with BT, right?

If you go over occasionally, they don't usually charge you any extra. They only start charging when you start exceeding the limit every Month.
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:00
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think they usually contact you to let you know you're over and if you carry on ownloading they'll charge you then.
Tue 15/11/05 at 04:34
Regular
"8==="
Mine's just been increased so I guess it might go to 10MB sooner rather than later.
Tue 15/11/05 at 04:15
"High polygon count"
No idea.

But I do hope that when NTL up the speeds to 10MB, they increase the caps accordingly.
Tue 15/11/05 at 03:45
Regular
"8==="
...if you go over your monthly download limit: what are the extra charges like?

I think I've a 60GB limit now so it's not very likely, just wondering.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.