GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barca vs Real Madrid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/11/05 at 20:14
Regular
I know we'll all be chatting about this anyway, so here's a quote from Sky Sports to start us off.

"When asked by Barca TV where Madrid were superior to his team, Deco said: "The truth is that there is no area. We have as many great players as them and, perhaps, our squad is more evenly balanced than theirs."

Tell it like it is, Deco. He's almost right, y'know. Ronaldo is better than Eto'o and Casillas is better than Valdes, and Beckham is better than everyone ever ever. Ever. Apart from that...
Thu 17/11/05 at 11:39
Regular
I'd just like to draw attention to the fact that I did turn up, "on spec", but somehow got allocated a team. This was the mighty Scotland. I brought some friends, who went out at the group stage (Norway) and the quarters (Mexico). Scotland are worse than both these teams, but more importantly, they are worse than Paraguay - whom you will remember Blank was allocated.

He went out at the group stages, hanging his long hair in shame, after I'd given him nothing but support. And how does he repay me? Heckling the mighty Scots. Ignoring him and under the leadership of paceman Fletcher, Scotland went on a formidable charge, brushing aside South Africe, surviving a marathon penalty session with Greece, and trampled France into the ground. This brought us to the final. Against Brazil.

Can't win them all. But the definitive lesson here is that I'm much much better than Blank, at oh so many things. He also admitted he'd have sex with Beckham. Not to be trusted.
Wed 16/11/05 at 18:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
*Eto'oo'o
Wed 16/11/05 at 18:15
"Trip it out,its FRE"
Barca 5 - 1 Madrid
eto hat trick
Wed 16/11/05 at 15:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Almost certainly, it will finish after ten. Starting at 7.30, 30 entrants, with five PS2s set up. That's six to a group, all playing each other. It'll take forever (not literally but almost) even with five minute matches and no formation altering.
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:07
Regular
I live about 10 seconds from the James JCR. But if you finish after 10 then you're out of luck. Not because I'm a kid who needs to sleep at that time, it's just I want to watch Lost and then U2 Live in Chicago after. I've circled it in The Times' TV Guide thing and all - that's how dedicated I am.

I lost 3-0 to Man Red today. Adriano missed a sitter. It's not my day.
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Sure, depending on how late it is. I'm going home the day after (reading week, brilliant) and leaving at about noon. Also, I don't know where you live, just that it's somewhere around there, so you'll need to come and get me or something else slightly homoerotic like that.
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:37
Regular
Nah, I'm not, heard about it late. Stupid stupid format though. The guys (or gals, I'm not excluding female Pro Evo players, you hear?) who get Brazil/England/Argentina/Italy will stomp all over anyone else, no matter how good they are. You could be the best player in the uni and go out in the first round if you get given China. Ridiculous.

But, seeing as it's in James JCR (or so I hear), want to come round after and I'll destroy you with the Brazilian horde? I promise to drop edit-Cicinho for Cafu.

Edit: Depending on what time that is, of course. I don't own Pro Evo, it's the property of my very good friend next door to me.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Not sure, but we go there often enough to ask for it to be put on.
> They always have Sky Sports News running in the background as far as
> I know, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a hardship to stick on a match as
> big as this. Probably draw in a few extra punters. Such as you.

Ordinarily it would. But I'll be at home. Also, they might be showing Game of the Day or whatever English football is on Sky at the time.

Are you going to the Pro Evo tournament tomorrow? If not, don't bother turning up on spec, because it's full. I found out because my housemate is on the same course as one of the guys organising it. I've been allocated Paraguay.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
If somewhere is showing Sky Sports and you ask for a different channel to be put on and there are a few of you who will stay and buy a few more rounds of drinks they'll more than likely change the channel.
Tue 15/11/05 at 12:58
Regular
Blank wrote:
>
> Do they ever show Spanish football in JJ's? They should, they have
> all the Sky channels and lots of time on their hands.

--

Not sure, but we go there often enough to ask for it to be put on. They always have Sky Sports News running in the background as far as I know, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a hardship to stick on a match as big as this. Probably draw in a few extra punters. Such as you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.