GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BUDWEISER, ADVERTISING & MUSIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 01:33
Regular
Hello everybody!
(Hi Dan2K1!)

I 'would' have posted this in the music forum, but nobody seems to be there, and I need answers imminently, so I turn to Gedi Prime (FOG) and hope that you may be able to answer my question about a Budweiser Advertisement!

For a long time now, Budweiser have proved that to define their beer as the best around, the trendiest, freshest and tastiest pint, they have not to temper with the brewing, but of course, they must employ advertising techniques. As everything tastes the same, the only way for a company to succeed in this market is to make their adverts the best, and Budweiser have done, and as such, are the market leaders.

Hoorah! For them at least, but also for us, but as with so much in life, things take time, and the search for the recent 'soundtrack' to the latest Budweiser advert seems to be taking me so long, that the famous Guiness line would seem more appropriate! Right, so you're probably really confused by now, don't worry, you're not alone.

Over the past few years, we've seen the frogs and their famous 'Bud' 'Weis' 'Er' advert, which spawned the fantastic tune 'Ooh, La, La' by (see the connection? Frogs/spawn), no one I have just spoken to remembers the actual title, if this wasn't the title, and for the life of me I have no idea what the group were called! Either way, the music helped Budweiser, Budweiser helped the group, and we got good music out of it!

Then Loui and Frank happened, and there was a weasel, which is interesting, and you can download 'The Pick-up lines' by Frank and Loui (is it Loui(s)!?) and the infectious 'WASSSSSUUUUUUP' happened around Christmas time, and hopefully, is over now! Although, again, still ingenius advertising. Strange as it is, that was actually released, well a remix 'Wasssuuuup' was anyway and Budweiser still sells tremendously well...

On to the actual point/points of this post, right, over the years, I'm sure it dates back a long while, Budweiser have included music, the best music might I add, in their advertisements on television. I've been downloading past Budweiser tunes which are really quite funny actually, but in today's world, music still has the power to capture, inspire and make me want to watch every single 'Jus' making a Bud' advert on TV! At least until I buy the music from it.

Has anybody seen the add in question - the advert is superb also, but the music is just really, really special. I want this music! Does anyone else think it's any good? If anyone has any information at all about it then if they could let me know in this post, or if you're just wanting to post something equally strange here then be my guest. Just remember, this music is incredibly good. It's just, I can't find it anywhere!

On this bitter note (on form this morning) I shall voice my complaints about the Boddingtons advertisements also. They've made that daft male cow into a star, which isn't strictly true, but how stupid are they? Do they really think male cows, i.e 'bulls' have udders? Why does he have udders! Tut Tut Tut.

Ok, so I may as well relate this to gaming, so I shall. Budweiser are extremely successful. They're the genuine article, the best selling beer/lager in the UK, probably the world, and they've become successful because of the amazing advertising. (Don't drink too much by the way - I am not, in any way whatsoever endorsing Budweiser) So why don't games companies advertise in this way?

I.e successfully!

Imagine, for example, Crazy Taxi 2 being advertised - with in game footage, as well as some astounding music and a real life situation. It has to be emotional, and good.

Anyway, I'm done, thanks for reading, I hope you'll be able to agree with me!

Dan2K1
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:20
Read Cookie Monster's post 3 posts or so down. Contacts doesn't work :( Oh well, I'm off to do Chemistry revision. Arrrghh!
Sun 10/06/01 at 15:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dan, the only way I can think you getting the title would be to leave 888 subtitles on during all commercial adverts on Channel 4 (Budweiser Prime Channel).

email someone at budweiser from the website and they will always help.
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:19
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I hate that!
Sun 10/06/01 at 12:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> That music is really mellow, i like it
> too.

Yes, good! Is there a contact address on the site? We should
> all email them asking for a release, or a free promo CD.

Yeah there is a contact address, but when you click on the link for it it cannot display the page :(
Sun 10/06/01 at 12:24
Louie* (my mistake)
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:34
cookie monster wrote:
> That music is really mellow, i like it too.

Yes, good! Is there a contact address on the site? We should all email them asking for a release, or a free promo CD.
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I went to the budweiser site to try and find it, but i just ended up downloading a bud icon for my phone.
Sun 10/06/01 at 10:50
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
It sticks in yer hed!
Sun 10/06/01 at 10:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That music is really mellow, i like it too.
Sun 10/06/01 at 10:12
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
King Of Beers.

Bud Ice is my favourite!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.