GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Made me laugh..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 22:04
Regular
"Mozzy"
Got an e-mail from some Nigerian who won my auction on ebay, I haven't contacted him/her for a two days because she/he is obviously a scammer.

The e-mail:

Top half: [URL]http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/9462/untitled6dc.jpg[/URL]

Bottom half: [URL]http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5352/untitled24vh.jpg[/URL]

Its sad to think people actually fall for this though. :'(

"The Metropolitian Police motto is “Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity."

:D
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:19
Regular
"bot"
The Metropolitan police will arrest you under section 1001 of the US criminal code!!
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:10
Regular
"\\"
You can contact the 'Metropolitian' police 24 hours a day by post!
Wed 09/11/05 at 16:30
Regular
your going to be executed? cool
Tue 08/11/05 at 23:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That email is fantastic, i had a good chuckle.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Catch it!"
I got a email the other day about a man from Nageria asking for £20 :S
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:35
Regular
"8==="
Haha! :D
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I got pretty much exactly the same from "Dr James", who apparently lived in Slovenia, yet wanted the item sent to Nigeria.

Morons.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:32
"Tesco value"
Got this one when I placed an advertisment on wightbay, The isle of wights version of ebay

Hello Seller,
Goodday To You It's a very nice to know this site that i finds what exactly i'm looking for!!!My Name is Mr Donovan,and i have a very big intrested in buying(ITEM),which i belived you will also be very happy to sell your Item for me,Now i'll be more glad if you can tell me the final price for it so that i can quickly make out payment to you..And the mode of the payment will be through cashier cheque so get back to me if you are also intrested in selling your item to me.Thanks you very much for your understanding.pls get back to me with the last price Get back Asap

real lazy, intrested(sic) in buying (ITEM)

EDIT: on Chips advice, before you send it, get all the headings from the email, might make it easier to track
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
You need to forward this e-mail to the real police so that they can sort it out, as they won't be happy about emails being sent in their name.

Just send him one saying that you have contacted the police and that they haven't heard anything from him and that they are investigating him.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:18
"Tesco value"
just play along with the 'tard. Give him a fake tracking number and plead for mercy.

you top 10 police most wanted

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.