GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"steering wheels : whats the point ??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 19:32
Regular
There are many steering wheels oout there on every console and even pc's each costing around £50.
But what is the point in them?
first of all they make games harder they take a game you have already mastered and add more difficulty to it. Also every once in a while the wheel becomes unstuck from your table and slides along the floor so you have to stretch out to keep a tow on the acceleration while desperatly trying to keep the out of control car on the race track and re-attaching the wheel.
peoples general thought about the wheels is that there more relistic, this maybe so but its easierand much more fun with a controller.
And is any girl going to be impressed by a grown man steering a plasticg wheel attached to his coffee table and pushing some fake pedals and twideling a gear stick, i dont think so.
So inconclusion , i say that steering wheels are hard to control and master , they take out some of the fun of a game, they wont impress people , and are basiacly a waste of money and perfectaly good plastic. i say Keep your money and buy gran turismo 3 if you want a relistic and fun driving experience.

Tue 12/06/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
residentevilfan wrote:
> I've heard that word for word somewhere I'm sure.

hmm yeah im sure you have???
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:32
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've heard that word for word somewhere I'm sure.
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
So it's realism you want then? What you wanna do is get an old Mini from the scrappy, rip out the steering column and screw your PS2 wheel in there, and slap a telly on the bonnet. For extra realism, get your girl to stand by the door and rock the car about. I'm sure she would...
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
I have the Speedster 2.

I dont need to impress anyone and whats more my gorgeous fiancé bought it for my birthday.

I just find that you can be smoother.

Each to their own though, at the end of the day.
Sat 09/06/01 at 23:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
PC wheels are so much better. They cost between £100 to £150 for the good ones. They work better because of force feedback. This gives very releastic handling to the cars and seems more life like. With this the controls are much simpler and anyone who can drive a car will be able to play easily. Also with a PC you sit at a desk or table so its much easier to have the steering wheel, plonked on the desk then trying to get a coffee table or what ever to use for the PS2.
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah!
this guy knows what im talking about.
and yeah the duel shock 2 is the best
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
i was gona get a steering wheel for gran turismo 3 but the dual shock 2 is so good that i'm gona save my money.I'm a lazy bug too and i can't be bothered pluging it in.
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think the idea of the steering wheel is a good one. It makes it seem more realistic when playing but as of yet there hasn't really been a good wheel made for the playstation. It would be much better if they had a cluth pedal and proper gear stick. What you have to note is that companies release products to make money, they cant please everyone so obviously some will like it and others wont.
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
what do you people thing on the subject?
agree or disagree?
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
There are many steering wheels oout there on every console and even pc's each costing around £50.
But what is the point in them?
first of all they make games harder they take a game you have already mastered and add more difficulty to it. Also every once in a while the wheel becomes unstuck from your table and slides along the floor so you have to stretch out to keep a tow on the acceleration while desperatly trying to keep the out of control car on the race track and re-attaching the wheel.
peoples general thought about the wheels is that there more relistic, this maybe so but its easierand much more fun with a controller.
And is any girl going to be impressed by a grown man steering a plasticg wheel attached to his coffee table and pushing some fake pedals and twideling a gear stick, i dont think so.
So inconclusion , i say that steering wheels are hard to control and master , they take out some of the fun of a game, they wont impress people , and are basiacly a waste of money and perfectaly good plastic. i say Keep your money and buy gran turismo 3 if you want a relistic and fun driving experience.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.