GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copying my DVD..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/11/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im trying to copy one of my DVDs using a software called Nero but whenever I try to burn the disc it says 'DVD is copyrighted and cannot be copied' or something like that.

I know there is a software called 123DVD, will that be able to copy my DVD?

Cheers.
Sat 12/11/05 at 01:29
"High polygon count"
Yes, if you look on the page I linked you to in the e-mail, there are several single dual-layer discs you can purchase, priced around £3 each.
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thanks for the detailed response. I know exactly what I need now, the only problem is the price.

I can afford £20 for 10 discs right now so i'll have to wait a little bit. Unless it's possible to buy them seperately?

I only really need about 2 or 3 discs.
Fri 11/11/05 at 07:20
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thanks Wookie. My e-mail is crap, I haven't even receieved the new e-mail yet.

Dont send another one though, as i'll probably get it later on today.
Fri 11/11/05 at 00:58
"High polygon count"
I see you got it eventually.

I've replied to your newer e-mail - I sent it to both addresses you gave, in case of further delays.
Thu 10/11/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Mozzy"
hmmm...haven't got a reply. :S

If you still have the message, send it to: [email protected] instead.

Cheers.
Thu 10/11/05 at 14:36
"High polygon count"
Replied. :-)
Wed 09/11/05 at 18:56
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thanks Wookie. I've e-mailed you. :)
Wed 09/11/05 at 11:09
"High polygon count"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> I just used DVD Decrypter and that has now put loads of files on my
> desktop that are playable, I assume these are the files from the
> DVD.

Yes, these are the DVD files with the copy-protection removed.

You now need to decide whether you want a complete copy (including menus, extras and sdo on) or the film only.

If you want the film only, you can use standard DVD-R discs, which have a capacity of around 4.7GB. This will hold most films at 100% quality - though some may need to be compressed slightly.

If you want a complete copy, you can either use a DVD-R DL disc (dual layer - same 9GB capacity as a shop-bought DVD) or use something like Pinnacle InstantCopy to compress various parts of the content (extras etc.) or remove extra languages and subtitles. You can do the same with DVD Shrink, but InstantCopy leaves menus fully functional, whereas DVD Shrink doesn't.

> What do I do with the files now? How do I copy them onto a DVD, can I
> just simply drag and drop when I put the DVD in the drive? Or do I
> have to use Nero to put the files onto the DVD?

Once you've done any processing required, go to 'Photo and video' on the Nero SmartStart menu and select 'Burn DVD video files' to put the files onto your DVD-R.

> And what is all this dual layer about? Do I need to buy certain
> DVD-Rs? If so, can anybody link me to the exact type I need or give
> me a name and i'll look it up?

Dual-layer discs will only work in a dual-layer burner. SR will remove any links I put here, but if you need a source for cheap dual-layer drives and/or discs (and the a legitimate copy of the Pinnacle software for under a tenner), e-mail me at the address on my profile page - there's a great site for all this stuff.

Also, this site is incredibly useful for learning about DVD backups: [URL]http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup[/URL]
Tue 08/11/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Okay, im confused now.

I have a film on DVD that I want to duplicate, I have some software called Nero and it wont let me copy this certain DVD because its protected, so I just want to know the easiest way to get my DVD copied using a different software.

I just used DVD Decrypter and that has now put loads of files on my desktop that are playable, I assume these are the files from the DVD.

What do I do with the files now? How do I copy them onto a DVD, can I just simply drag and drop when I put the DVD in the drive? Or do I have to use Nero to put the files onto the DVD?

And what is all this dual layer about? Do I need to buy certain DVD-Rs? If so, can anybody link me to the exact type I need or give me a name and i'll look it up?

I haven't actually got the DVD-Rs yet, because I want to make sure I get the right ones I need so i'll wait to see what you all reply and then i'll order the DVD-Rs.

Thanks. :)
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:29
Regular
Yeh dvd shrink is good, Also are you going to copy it to hard disk drive or a disk, if it is a disk you do realise that it will only be able to be copied to a dual layer dvd unless you use dvd shring to fit it onto a normal signle layer dvd.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.