GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"enough is enough"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 18:45
Regular
Ok am I the only one whos had enough of games having like 6 sequals.
You no what i mean games like Tomb raider , crash bandicoot , fifa , tekken and ridge racer.
Every year a new title in the series is released but with little difference to past releases, things like new race tracks , new costumes etc. Sometimes the only improvement is the graphics and face it graphics arnt every thing arnt they?
So i dont think its fair on us for the games company, each november to release the next in the series with slim to nill difference from the one you have at home which you got bored of after 3 weeks and they are selling it to us for £40. So this year when tomb raider- what ever it is now and crash bandicoot -how long will this go on for are released around christmas just think to your self...
IS IT REALLY WORTH , WOULDNT I RATHER PLAY A NEW AND ORIGIONAL GAME?

Sat 09/06/01 at 20:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
im not a big fan of the Final Fantasy games or the tomb raider ones. But ones like gran turismo, resident evil are essential and if the PS2 is going to be succesful it needs developers to churn out more like these. Sequels are needed as long as they have changed from the original, ie they must have all the bugs/problems from its prequel fixed, new additions, better graphics/playability or else they aren't worth buying.
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
any 1 else got an opinion on this topic ?
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
final fantasy has never appealed to me really
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:13
Regular
Final Fantasy X is going to be another 10/10 game on the series and will be very good game.
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah some sequals are good espescialy the amazing smackdown 2 , and metal gear 2 but if every new release is practicaly the same its not worth it .

_________
chris
Sat 09/06/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I slightly agree with you there. A game that goes on and on with sequel after sequel with little change isn't fair on us "the gameplayers" but some games need sequels, if gran tourismo didn't keep producing its game then we wouldn't have such a great driving game for our machine. Games like tomb raider though are not worth it. Little change between the first and the last except maybee the size of Ms Crofts b-b-b-b-b "blue eyes???????" but there are original ideas out there but bare in mind developers have to make a gamble when producing a game as there is a chance nobody will buy it, whereas a sequel always attracts the attention of the owners of the original game.
Sat 09/06/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ok am I the only one whos had enough of games having like 6 sequals.
You no what i mean games like Tomb raider , crash bandicoot , fifa , tekken and ridge racer.
Every year a new title in the series is released but with little difference to past releases, things like new race tracks , new costumes etc. Sometimes the only improvement is the graphics and face it graphics arnt every thing arnt they?
So i dont think its fair on us for the games company, each november to release the next in the series with slim to nill difference from the one you have at home which you got bored of after 3 weeks and they are selling it to us for £40. So this year when tomb raider- what ever it is now and crash bandicoot -how long will this go on for are released around christmas just think to your self...
IS IT REALLY WORTH , WOULDNT I RATHER PLAY A NEW AND ORIGIONAL GAME?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.