GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have I grown up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So yesterday, I had the first day at work where I felt like I knew what I was doing, and that I was doing it well. I wasn't blagging it, and I wasn't doing my best to avoid doing any actual work. And what's more, it was a good feeling.

Which instantly led me to think "Dear Christ; I've turned into my Dad...". I mean, I'm enjoying work. I'm enjoying the feeling that I'm helping staff develop their careers (and, as this is me, I'm enjoying the sense of power; megalomaniacal habits die hard...). I don't even miss the fact that I haven't spent 80% of my working day on the net.

On the other hand, I still have the same sense of humour, the same wants and desires out of life, and the same contempt for people who view their work as their whole life.

Anyone else feel like they've reached a catalyst in their life recently?
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So yesterday, I had the first day at work where I felt like I knew what I was doing, and that I was doing it well. I wasn't blagging it, and I wasn't doing my best to avoid doing any actual work. And what's more, it was a good feeling.

Which instantly led me to think "Dear Christ; I've turned into my Dad...". I mean, I'm enjoying work. I'm enjoying the feeling that I'm helping staff develop their careers (and, as this is me, I'm enjoying the sense of power; megalomaniacal habits die hard...). I don't even miss the fact that I haven't spent 80% of my working day on the net.

On the other hand, I still have the same sense of humour, the same wants and desires out of life, and the same contempt for people who view their work as their whole life.

Anyone else feel like they've reached a catalyst in their life recently?
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I'm going back to finish my degree in February, then real-life beckons!

I'm stoked.
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:43
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I'm in the broken reality of Sixth Form.

Plus, I'm too immature to grow up just yet.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:09
Regular
"You have a choice"
Ha, I want to grow up far too fast.

Being unable to fulfill my dream as a music composer for computer games (I was never taught and graded at an instrument, so I can't do A-level or university music), I actually started up my own video game company to fulfill that dream! I'm only in 6th form, and we only have four staff members, but I hope that in four or five years we'll really take off.

I don't think making work your whole life is good, when can you enjoy yourself? I work hard, but not at the expense of my fun. I havn't got stressed out for a year or so... I like the way my life is going!
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:11
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman wrote:
> Being unable to fulfill my dream as a music composer for computer
> games (I was never taught and graded at an instrument, so I can't do
> A-level or university music), I actually started up my own video
> game company
to fulfill that dream! I'm only in 6th form, and we
> only have four staff members, but I hope that in four or five years
> we'll really take off.

More than that, Lukey. What about the vocalists?

Plus, you spelt fulfil wrong. Illiterate.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Lukeman wrote:
> I actually started up my own video
> game company

What's the registered name?
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:13
Regular
"You have a choice"
Rai wrote:
> More than that, Lukey. What about the vocalists?

I geuss, either way we don't have many.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:14
Regular
"You have a choice"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Lukeman wrote:
> I actually started up my own video
> game company

>
> What's the registered name?

Okay...I use the term "company" loosly atm lol

Really we're just a group of friends getting together and making a game, we'll be registered properly when it's finihed XD
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:14
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
[URL]http://www.optimumexperience.co.uk[/URL]

Good luck finding everything, the site's a shamble at the moment.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:16
Regular
"You have a choice"
Rai wrote:
> [URL]http://www.optimumexperience.co.uk[/URL]
>
> Good luck finding everything, the site's a shamble at the moment.

That's a point, I still need to het Cheryl's nickname off the site...

I didn't know it was a cartton character when I put it up...must get rid of it before lawsuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.