GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/11/05 at 16:13
Regular
Just saw this, and it was surprisingly good. The acting was better than the first, and there was a rather nice twist ending.

EDIT: And it has another of the infamous low-budget car chases.
Tue 01/11/05 at 16:13
Regular
Just saw this, and it was surprisingly good. The acting was better than the first, and there was a rather nice twist ending.

EDIT: And it has another of the infamous low-budget car chases.
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:41
Regular
"pig"
Saw was brilliant so i hope saw 2 has better scares and jumps in it.
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:46
Regular
Saw was average. Seeing Saw 2 tonight.
Fri 04/11/05 at 15:29
Regular
"pig"
There will be blood
Fri 04/11/05 at 21:14
Regular
"Catch it!"
So is the first Saw good? If it is might ask for it for christmas.
Sat 05/11/05 at 13:39
Regular
"pig"
yeah get it you'll like it!
Sat 05/11/05 at 18:11
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> So is the first Saw good? If it is might ask for it for christmas.

Yep. I thought it was cracking. The acting is particularly poor near the end, though.
Sat 05/11/05 at 20:35
Regular
"lets go back"
The first film was great, even with the accent change and dodgy car chase.
The second, however, was pretty pants.

****Spoilers of both films****

The first film had loads of tension built up all of the way through, mainly from flashbacks. A good example is when the young lad was in his apartment using his camera flash as a light. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see something shocking in the darkness. It also had more scenarios of other people being killed.

The second film lacked any kind of real tension until the final 30 seconds; and by then it was too late. It seemed more like a cheap slasher film were the victims die off one by one. I liked the twist of the game actually being to test the cop and that he could have passed by sitting and talking for 2 hours, but the girl being in on the whole thing seemed to cheapen the (rather lame) plot and was just there to alow for a sequel.

Also, there were a few pointless plot pieces. The guy cutting his number off his neck, for example, was just a nod to the first film and the Dr cutting his foot off. He could of at least attempted to find a mirror (there was one in the hall) first before taking such drastic measures and ending up dead. In the first film he cut off his foot because he felt he had tried everything and ran out of time. In the second it was more of a show piece of self harm, just for the sake of it.

There was never really much character development and most died before you found out anything about them; or, for the girl who you thought you found out a bit about, she turned out to be the bad guys assistant and you didnt know her at all.

The girl who put her hands in the glass case: She could have easliy got her first hand out if she didnt put her second hand in. So that was totaly stupid. And the guy in the oven: I kind of saw that coming. Y'know - oven and fire. It was kind of a no brainer.

It was worth a watch, and had a half decent twist (it would have been better if the guy with cancer actually wasnt as sick as he said and it was him in the bath; or if the girl wasnt the girl from the first film, because that just seemed daft.)

I suppose it right when they say sequels aren't as good.

****Spoilers of both films****
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:38
Regular
I enjoyed the second film a lot. More so than the first. But to add to your list of problems how about this one:

*Spoiler*

How the hell do the police not know where that house is? In the first film they could have traced the signal from the computers and saved the men from the first film. But in this one everything happens all over again.

It is totally stupid.
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Catch it!"
Reefer wrote:
> C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> So is the first Saw good? If it is might ask for it for christmas.
>
> Yep. I thought it was cracking. The acting is particularly poor near
> the end, though.

So should I ask for it for christmas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.