GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Friends' Band"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/10/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Yeah, they asked me to put a link up on here, and ask what people think.

It's rock, basically, there are a few cross-sub-genre parts on the album, I just chose this song as I thought it would appeal to most.

[URL]http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OP4DYAJG5EKB0P4WGU22WQ8WV[/URL]

"Kameraki" be the band, "The Funk Song" be the track, for your interest.

Constructive criticism (sp?) please, I have to pass on the reactions :P
Tue 01/11/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Rock On"
Really good but the vocals needed to be louder so you could them. Good guitaring.
Tue 01/11/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The wah, although slightly weird sounds cool. The chug-chug-flurry riff is awesome. The vocals fluctuate between just about tolerable and absolutely awful.

The solo was mostly nice, awesome infact, but there's a phrase between about 3:27 and 3:30 that just sounds like wuh-ank in my opinion. Sounds a bit like he (presumably) isn't really sure of where his fingers are meant to be going but maybe that's intentional. For some reason.
Tue 01/11/05 at 15:36
Regular
"\\"
Vocals are naff. Pre-chorus is naff too, it all seems to stop too suddenly. Parts of the drumming put me off too, especially the double bass. Nor do I like the fading at the end.

Wow. I'm feeling critical today.
Tue 01/11/05 at 08:14
Regular
"lets go back"
It probably was intentional, but it sounded rubbish. I just thought the guy would like to know so he can play something else in the future.
Mon 31/10/05 at 22:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Geffdof wrote:
> Also I didnt like the initial wah-wah guitar part. It just seemed a
> bit wrong.

Yeah I got that too.

But I assumed it was intentional.
Mon 31/10/05 at 22:16
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive said it before and no doubt will say it again, The singing was crap. Usually I'd say "the vocals are weak" or something to that effect but I cant be bothered pussyfooting around. If they want to make it big then they seriously need to work on the vocals. If its just a bit of fun then they were decent enought to get their mates to go and watch them do a few gigs.

Also I didnt like the initial wah-wah guitar part. It just seemed a bit wrong.

The bass was spot on and the drums were (as far as I know) fine (I'm not a drummer and wasnt really listening tbh)

Over all Id say the're good. Nicely paced and well played. Keep up the good work and work on the vocals.
Mon 31/10/05 at 22:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I thought it was pretty good.

Yeah. Vocals are wayning at times, but he creates a nice sound sometimes. The bass and drummer are really good. The guitarist is pretty nice too.

It fills nicely filled out as well, which is rare for an amateur song.

(still haven't got the XBox + live yet)
:|
Mon 31/10/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Catch it!"
Very good so far. Still need to find bass guitarist for my band its very hard. I think up Lyrics all the time right on the spot. My friends think they are great Lyrics :D
Mon 31/10/05 at 21:40
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Sounds good to begin, vocals are a bit weak though. My old band had a track called the funk song which blatantly owned this one :D Our vocalist would totally ad lib lyrics on the spot, pure genius. Guitarist needs to learn to walk before he tries to run if you get what i mean, nice bass though.
Mon 31/10/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Yeah, they asked me to put a link up on here, and ask what people think.

It's rock, basically, there are a few cross-sub-genre parts on the album, I just chose this song as I thought it would appeal to most.

[URL]http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OP4DYAJG5EKB0P4WGU22WQ8WV[/URL]

"Kameraki" be the band, "The Funk Song" be the track, for your interest.

Constructive criticism (sp?) please, I have to pass on the reactions :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.