GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"people who ride bikes on pavements"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/10/05 at 23:24
Regular
"goldfish"
Does anyone else get as irritated as I do about people that ride their bikes on pavements. I walk to work everyday and everyday I get some mad cyclist who comes up fast behind me and they cycle past so close that you can feel the wind rushing past. What if I was to suddenly move slightly over at that point? i would be badly injured I imagine. Does anyone else hate this as much as I do?
Mon 31/10/05 at 10:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
J Nash wrote:
> But he stopped to not crash into you. Who do you think would
> have been injured if he hadn't have stopped? Yes, it's a little
> stupid to ride so fast, but you don't know if he was in a rush and
> wasn't thinking straight. You could have at least gone and asked if
> he was alright.

Indeed, the poor guy's mother might have just phoned the guy saying she was in trouble and he was rushing to her aid, only for his mum to die because the guy hammered on his brakes and couldnt reach her in time.
Mon 31/10/05 at 10:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:
> old people mobiles are more irritating and their operators usually
> more obnoxious.

Old people who get onto a bus and then proceed to get out their purse/wallet and count out change for 5 minutes even though they know their exact fare while they were waiting at the bus stop. Thats irritating.
Mon 31/10/05 at 09:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
old people mobiles are more irritating and their operators usually more obnoxious.

i was behind a guy in one in tescos the other day, he got to the counter (crashing into the mars bar rack), realised he needed milk, said "hold on" to the till lass, got up and walked over to the milk. it was Little Britain-tastic.
Mon 31/10/05 at 09:52
Regular
cyclists like to think they have the right to be a part of 'real' traffic, and by law they're right. the moutnain bike is actually now classed as a vechile.

and exactly, why would u dodge if u hear a bike comin??
Mon 31/10/05 at 09:34
Regular
"youngest regular"
Don't register in to the forums if your just going to look for sympathy or some stupid thing like that.

And anyway,why the hell would you decide to edge to the right/left when you hear a bicycle coming behind you?

Or are you deaf.........
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:46
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I hate people who drive in the road on their bikes when theres a perfectly good and empty bike lane painted on the path just for them.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:45
Regular
"The definitive tag"
J Nash wrote:
> But he stopped to not crash into you. Who do you think would
> have been injured if he hadn't have stopped? Yes, it's a little
> stupid to ride so fast, but you don't know if he was in a rush and
> wasn't thinking straight. You could have at least gone and asked if
> he was alright.

Regardless of whether or not you're in a rush, you don't ride into a blind corner on a crowded street.

Yes, he tried to stop because he saw me, but he wouldn't have needed to if he was going at a reasonable (and legal) pace. He didn't ask if I was alright after he'd just damn near given me a heart attack so I wasn't prepared to extend my courtesy any further than he had, seeing as he was the one in the wrong.

Maybe if he'd been seriously hurt I'd have been a bit nicer, but he got up and rode away, probably very embarassed.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:37
Regular
But he stopped to not crash into you. Who do you think would have been injured if he hadn't have stopped? Yes, it's a little stupid to ride so fast, but you don't know if he was in a rush and wasn't thinking straight. You could have at least gone and asked if he was alright.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:35
Regular
"The definitive tag"
J Nash wrote:
> Chr1s wrote:
> I walked off chuckling to myself.
>
> and if he's stupid
> enough to go that fast on a footpath then he deserved to get hurt.
>
> You're a wan ker.

What for? Using the footpath as it was intended? It's not my fault if someone comes around a corner at a ridiculous speed on a bike while he's on a footpath and gets hurt.

I think I was entitled to a little chuckle after the guy had come incredibly close to ploughing right into me through his own sheer stupidity.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:31
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> I walked off chuckling to myself.

> and if he's stupid
> enough to go that fast on a footpath then he deserved to get hurt.

You're a wan ker.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.