GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 35"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/10/05 at 07:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's short story competition number thirty-five!

I'll come straight to the point. The theme is

The Woods

Closing Date - November 15th

--------------

Result

Thanks to all who entered, this, maybe the final SSC on these forums. Who knows?

As always it was difficult to pick a winner.

The Runner's-up

FFF - Troupe. I like everything you write (even if you don't like it yourself). This was the usual enchanting and mazy creation.

Stryke - Acres of Shadowland. Once again an intriguing read, written in that likeable style of yours.

Meka Dragon - In The Woods Lies A Cabin. You're like an Amazon forest of variety and creation. Last time a musical, this time a creepy ghost story. I always see your stories being turned into pieces of cinematic drama. To my mind you are a very commercial writer - and I say that in the best possible way.

Prophet - Across The Mountain Forest. This felt like I'd opened a novel by an established author and read a couple of pages. It is so well-written and polished. Very nearly won.

The Winner

Ineedsleep - Just Passing Through. This reminded me of what the SSC is all about. Short and sweet, concisely expressed and mapped out, simple and effective. Just liked it the most.

So is this the last one, or are we just gonna carry on? I feel like I should make a speech or something... (better not).
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:18
"Retarded List"
Aye, keep it going.

At least to see how many folk enter, anyway.
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yeah, I say carry on.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:31
Regular
Carry on like nothing's changing and then jump it all over Er-no's forum or something.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:30
"period drama"
Yeah, make a new'un ... I don't think the forums are going anywhere soon.
Thu 17/11/05 at 11:28
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
But it was worth it :)
Thu 17/11/05 at 11:25
Regular
"not dead"
I'm going to struggle to find time before the end of the month anyway, because I'm alittle behind with NaNoWriMo. PArtly because i spent an hour writing my story for SSC35 the other night!
Thu 17/11/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ineedsleep wrote:

> I'll not set another one yet

Unless there are enough people interested in doing it straight away.
Thu 17/11/05 at 10:50
Regular
"Catch it!"
So are we going to start a new SSC?
Thu 17/11/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm still recovering. Such a long and warped tale like that is almost impossible to judge without reading it through a few times, and if I did that I'd probably need my head fixing afterwards.
Wed 16/11/05 at 22:44
Regular
"8==="
Not even a mention? :P

Bumhole.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.