GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jury Service"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/10/05 at 23:30
Regular
Balls.

Postponed it until summer because I'm at Uni. Anyone had to do this yet? My mother had to do it about 2 years ago and from what I remember it entailed her going in for five hours a day for 2 weeks to do nothing, and then be told she wasn't on a case.
Wed 19/10/05 at 23:24
Regular
I wish I had a car.
Wed 19/10/05 at 19:13
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I know 3 people who were called up, went to court when they were told to and then not picked for the jury. Chances are that's what will happen to you.
Wed 19/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
There is also the fact that, no matter what we say, we all carry certain prejudices and these are bound to affect judgements.
Im not saying we all go round on witch hunts carrying pitch forks and such like, but it may be just a feeling we have. Its human nature.
Plus judges are over paid and under worked, let them do it!!
Wed 19/10/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
When society has spent 30 years telling people not to bother because "your government is in control, and anyway; nothing YOU do will make any difference", I don't find it too surprising that people don't much care about their duties to that society.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Chr1s wrote:
> Just plucking randoms is
> stupid and lazy.

No it isn't - unless when the people are stupid and lazy.

The trouble is, the 'randoms' are usually stupid and lazy. WS exempt. Ish.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:25
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I wish I were still a cop sometimes so I didn't have the potential
> problem of being called for this.

I thought the government in their strange wisdom removed the exemption from jury duty for the Police.
Unless they have back tracked on that one since then.
Tue 18/10/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Selected"
It's true, like somebody else said below, I wouldn't put it past most people to give a particular verdict for the sake of getting home in time to watch Coronation Street.
Tue 18/10/05 at 17:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I understand that the basis of a jury is a slice of impartial society
> but don't people just find it a hassle and don't care? Meaning the
> whole thing is a farce and some paid judges should just decide?

Pretty much. Why it has anything to do with the public who most likely have little to no legal, or psychological experience I don't know.

Jury duty should be a profession i.e. people trained in the necessary areas to do it properly and impartially. Just plucking randoms is stupid and lazy.
Tue 18/10/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I understand that the basis of a jury is a slice of impartial society but don't people just find it a hassle and don't care? Meaning the whole thing is a farce and some paid judges should just decide?
Tue 18/10/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Did it in April this year. Got picked for two trials. The first lasting a day (theft), the second lasting four days (child abuse). On days I wasn't picked I was sent home early.

You get back your travelling expenses, and lost earnings (to a degree)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.