GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a lovely night....(Part 2)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/10/05 at 02:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Some of you might have read the thread below about a brawl breaking out at at the hotel i work at a few weeks ago. Well, tonight saw some more trouble, on a small scale however. This time though, it was just one man, who happened to punch me in the face.

Long story short. This fella was in the back of the bar just for staff and was being told to leave by a lass who works behind the bar too. He was asking to phone for an ambulance as his father had hurt his foot. I happen to walk through with a smile on my face having just joked with someone at the bar...i see him...smile nervously at the my co worker and he thinks im laughing at him and the situation and promply thumps me before i could react. This all happened within a few seconds. He then got thrown out of the room, went into the toilet and smashed a glass, and left.

As for me, my front tooth feels loose, lips swelled, bleed at the time but ok now. In quite a bit of discomfort though. The police were called but as i was ok it wasnt classed as an emergency, which is fair enough. They called back on the phone to say they couldnt come through tonight, but will come to my house tomorrow to take a statement, so i have to decide whether to press charges or not.

Im wondering whether the job is worth it. Its a posh hotel and shouldnt attract people like this. Im a Uni student trying to earn a bit of money to keep me going. Tonight i was thumped, i didnt provoke anyone and didnt deserve it.

Bah.
Mon 17/10/05 at 07:35
Regular
Sue him or the company - you shouldn't have to deal with that kind of behaviour.
Sun 16/10/05 at 16:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Paradox: wrote:
> Try and sue for compensation, either from your employers or from the
> man ( who should have his details registered with the hotel if he
> stayed there.)
>
> Let's face it, you're a uni student who'se not going to stay in that
> job forever so there's no bother if you're employers hate you for
> suing them. Also you probably could do with the money - there's
> countless "no win to fee" lawyer firms just hankering for a
> case like this. It's unprovoked assault with witnesses in your favour
> - it's easy money.

I'd got for this option as well. And if you do press charges you may be able to get criminal injuries compensation as well although after the London bombings fiasco that may not be too likely.
Sun 16/10/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pro Evo wrote:
> monkey_man...ouch. :(

Aha, don't worry bird flu will probably kill him anyway. Or you.
Sun 16/10/05 at 15:41
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> You live in Sheffield don't you?
>
> If so, I'm not surprised. ^^

Its like just outside, but point taken. :) Alot of the people tonight though were cockneys...souther faries who cant handle there beer. :O

monkey_man...ouch. :(
Sun 16/10/05 at 15:07
That'll teach you not to smile :) *BIFF*

You were just really unlucky, keep at it if it pays well. Or make yourself look mean so you won't have to deal with that again.
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The perfect excuse to get your ugly face surgically corrected!
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:31
Regular
You live in Sheffield don't you?

If so, I'm not surprised. ^^
Sun 16/10/05 at 12:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
Try and sue for compensation, either from your employers or from the man ( who should have his details registered with the hotel if he stayed there.)

Let's face it, you're a uni student who'se not going to stay in that job forever so there's no bother if you're employers hate you for suing them. Also you probably could do with the money - there's countless "no win to fee" lawyer firms just hankering for a case like this. It's unprovoked assault with witnesses in your favour - it's easy money.

I'm a student now and I understand the concept of being totally skint.

Press charges and sue for as much as you can get.

And by the way, your teeth will re-set and your lip will go down within a few days - mouth injuries heal fast.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:43
Regular
Some of you might have read the thread below about a brawl breaking out at at the hotel i work at a few weeks ago. Well, tonight saw some more trouble, on a small scale however. This time though, it was just one man, who happened to punch me in the face.

Long story short. This fella was in the back of the bar just for staff and was being told to leave by a lass who works behind the bar too. He was asking to phone for an ambulance as his father had hurt his foot. I happen to walk through with a smile on my face having just joked with someone at the bar...i see him...smile nervously at the my co worker and he thinks im laughing at him and the situation and promply thumps me before i could react. This all happened within a few seconds. He then got thrown out of the room, went into the toilet and smashed a glass, and left.

As for me, my front tooth feels loose, lips swelled, bleed at the time but ok now. In quite a bit of discomfort though. The police were called but as i was ok it wasnt classed as an emergency, which is fair enough. They called back on the phone to say they couldnt come through tonight, but will come to my house tomorrow to take a statement, so i have to decide whether to press charges or not.

Im wondering whether the job is worth it. Its a posh hotel and shouldnt attract people like this. Im a Uni student trying to earn a bit of money to keep me going. Tonight i was thumped, i didnt provoke anyone and didnt deserve it.

Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.